Whole 30 Day 1

Tiffany Anne

Excited to start my first whole 30 (a recommendation from my naturopath) and after a busy holiday and traveling I'm read for a reset. 

I ran into my first snag this morning when I realized my "super healthy" protein powder had brown rice in it.  So I switched it up to a cashew, spinach, arugula, lemon and apple smoothie with almond milk, yum!!  I think cutting all grains will be a fun experiment and there are so many ways to switch it up, I LOVE my spiralizer.

I know I will run into snags especially this evening when I will want my usual couple glasses of wine and it may get a little lonely at times as most my social gatherings include dinners and drinks but I'm interested to see how I will be able to switch these activities from a negative into positive experiences.  I'm ready to let those go.

I can't wait to connect and would love to hear your experiences, tips and journeys.

Be well,

Tiffany

welcome Tiffany!

You might be interested in taking a look at the recommended meal template: http://whole30.com/downloads/whole30-meal-planning.pdf Composing all of your meals to match the template really makes a difference in success on the program.

Here is more information on smoothies:

Smoothies: We’d rather you didn’t

This is a very popular question, with a very unpopular answer. Smoothies (generally made using lots of fruit) are technically compliant on your Whole30, but we strongly recommend against it. Food that you drink sends different satiety signals to your brain than food that you chew. So when you drink your meal, your brain isn’t getting the feedback it needs to tell your body that it’s had enough of what it needs. Plus, smoothies are generally really fruit-heavy, and starting your day off with a liquid sugar-bomb sets you up for cravings, hunger, and volatile energy levels throughout the day. In summary, we’d rather you just eat the food, and skip the smoothie.

- See more at: http://whole30.com/2013/06/the-official-can-i-have-guide-to-the-whole30/#sthash.JUJoYRMP.dpuf

Archived