Unsweetened apple sauce

catherine_as1

I too have been craving an after dinner sweet treat. I very rarely eat ice cream, maybe twice a year, but I have been craving it. What i do is, I freeze 2-3 bananas. Just bananas, then when they are frozen i put them in the food processor. blend it until it is creamy and done. "Banana ice cream". Its actually a tasty snack for me.

• Moderators

Apple sauce is okay, just check the ingredients. An actual apple, skin and all, would be better.

If you are hungry after dinner, that may be a sign you did not eat enough protein and fat. Also, the best snacks are mini-meals that include protein, fat, and veggies.

I have grown to adore my mini meal after dinner treats. My new favorite is about 4 huge shrimp grilled and basted with ghee and then I dip it in organic mustard that has chili oil mixed in that I make with whole dried chilies toasted in coconut oil and then blend to make an oily paste. I've just decided what to have for my afternoon snack today. Edit to add: forgot the organic sliced cucumbers along with it to cool my mouth a bit. :)

• 3 years later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived