Lunch ideas?

roseann0461

Roasted vegetables hold up really well and are good eaten cold, and you can add all sorts of herbs and flavorings. I've been making the cumin roasted carrots from this page: http://www.theclothesmakethegirl.com/2012/07/26/olympics-opening-ceremonies-menu/, and they are ridiculously good cold. But there are tons of options. I also really, really love roasted fennel (just EVOO and salt and pepper) and roasted eggplant. Maybe try adding protein to those instead of a salad.

-beef stew in a thermos.

-leftover grilled kabobs...super flexible, you can mix and match your meats and veggies. AND food on a stick is always better :)

-cold sweet potato hash with lots of veggies and sausage or ground beef.

-Steamed kale and roasted sweet potato salad to mix it up in place of a plain salad greens type of salad.

-deviled eggs made with bacon and avocado.

-burgers wrapped in romaine lettuce leaves or collard greens.

Chicken roasted or grilled with the skin is still tasty when its cold. Sliced avocado is a great healthy fat. Chocolate Chili (Well Fed) or Everyday Paleo's Red Curry Beef Stew would be great in a thermos.

I like to make soup with a little broth (chicken or beef), some coconut milk, some curry paste (red, green or yellow), a little garlic chili sauce if I want it spicy, some spinach or kale, onion or leeks (I buy frozen sliced leeks at TJ's) plus any other veggies that I have, and some leftover chicken, shrimp, or the seafood blend from TJ's. There are endless options and they all taste yummy to me. If you want it really rich, add more coconut milk, strong flavor then use more curry paste, and add as much or as little protein as you want. I don't follow a recipe, I just add things until the flavor seems right for my mood. Takes 5 minutes to throw it all together. Simple and good. :)

Roasted vegetables hold up really well and are good eaten cold, and you can add all sorts of herbs and flavorings. I've been making the cumin roasted carrots from this page: http://www.theclothe...eremonies-menu/, and they are ridiculously good cold. But there are tons of options. I also really, really love roasted fennel (just EVOO and salt and pepper) and roasted eggplant. Maybe try adding protein to those instead of a salad.

Now I want fennel. It is VERY good roasted.

Archived