Chicken Broccoli Recipe needed please!

Minky

We are heading out of town for the weekend, and I want to precook some food to bring. I have a big bag of organic boneless chicken breasts and a big bag of broccoli florettes.

I was thinking about poaching and then cubing the chicken because that would be so much easier than stirfrying that much chicken.

If I lightly steam the broccoli, then add cubed chicken, can someone give me a good Wholel30 approved Asian type sauce? I saw someone post something about coconut aminos, sesame, almond butter, etc., something or other.

Or any other ideas?

I don't plan to shop again, and these are the things I have handy:

onion

fresh ginger root

coconut aminos

coconut vinegar

garlic

sesame oil

cocnut oil

lemon

lime

fresh basil

most other dry seasonings....

Thanks so much!!

You could brine the chicken (check out best ever chicken on clothesmakethegirl) and then bake them whole with some evoo , salt & pepper. These chicken breasts are delicious just as they are but can also by added to whatever recipe you like I imagine.

You might like the "sunshine sauce" on the same site, sounds like what you re looking for.

For the future, when you have some other ingredients on hand, I made this tonight and had to keep reminding myself it was healthy for me, it tasted so good.

The original recipe was for bone-in chicken thighs, but I used chicken tenders since that's what I had on hand.

Spicy Orange Chicken

6 chicken thighs, with skin

2T olive or coconut oil

3/4 cup fresh orange juice

3/4 cup chicken broth

2 cloves garlic, minced

1/4 cup Dijon mustard

1 Tbs fresh rosemary, chopped

1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce (I couldn't find one, so I just tossed in about 1/2 tsp chipotle chili powder - use more if you like heat.)

Season chicken on both sides with salt & pepper. Heat oil over medium-high heat and saute chicken until brown on both sides.

Remove chicken and pour off all but 1 Tbs of the fat (you'll need this in a moment)

Return skillet to medium-high heat and saute garlic briefly

Add remaining ingredients, stir well, bring to boil.

Boil for a few minutes, whisking occasionally.

Reduce heat to low, return chicken to pan, partially cover, and simmer 20 minutes or so until chicken is done.

Uncover and allow sauce to reduce until thick enough to coat a spoon. (may take about 10 minutes, and may require turning the heat up a bit)

Roasted Broccoli:

Preheat oven to 425

Put broccoli florets on a cookie sheet with a couple of sliced up garlic cloves

Pour the fat from the chicken over the broccoli (you may need a bit more oil if your chicken didn't have a whole lot of fat)

Make sure the broccoli is well coated, and add salt and pepper to taste

Pop it in the oven for about 20 minutes (until crisp-tender and some of the florets are slightly browned)

For the future, when you have some other ingredients on hand, I made this tonight and had to keep reminding myself it was healthy for me, it tasted so good.

The original recipe was for bone-in chicken thighs, but I used chicken tenders since that's what I had on hand.

Spicy Orange Chicken

6 chicken thighs, with skin

2T olive or coconut oil

3/4 cup fresh orange juice

3/4 cup chicken broth

2 cloves garlic, minced

1/4 cup Dijon mustard

1 Tbs fresh rosemary, chopped

1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce (I couldn't find one, so I just tossed in about 1/2 tsp chipotle chili powder - use more if you like heat.)

Season chicken on both sides with salt & pepper. Heat oil over medium-high heat and saute chicken until brown on both sides.

Remove chicken and pour off all but 1 Tbs of the fat (you'll need this in a moment)

Return skillet to medium-high heat and saute garlic briefly

Add remaining ingredients, stir well, bring to boil.

Boil for a few minutes, whisking occasionally.

Reduce heat to low, return chicken to pan, partially cover, and simmer 20 minutes or so until chicken is done.

Uncover and allow sauce to reduce until thick enough to coat a spoon. (may take about 10 minutes, and may require turning the heat up a bit)

This sounds FABULOUS! Having it tomorrow night for sure!

Archived