Anthony Della Rosa

Just finished day 2 but feeling like I am still,unsure. I replaced my coffee with half and half with coconut oil or coconut cream. Got rid of all cheese, cooked with avocado oil instead of butter and drank more water. I'm not so hungry in the am, but feel the snack monsters at night. I'm confused did I eat too much guacamole? Can I eat blackberries as a snack? Is coconut butter compliant?

did you succumb to the snack monster at night?

Here is the thing about the whole30: it has RULES and it has RECOMMENDATIONS. For some people, just following the rules is the best they can do and that is actually fine. It's great even, to change the foods you were eating before to whole30 compliant foods (like you listed above). 

Now, once you get into the swing of things and feel ready for more you can start looking at the meal template and composing all three meals to match. You can try going without any snacks at all (increase those three meals so you aren't hungry enough to want a snack), and make sure any snacks you need because you are hungry are composed as "mini-meals" of protein, carbs and fat (not just fruit). Although we think the recommendations rock and will make your whole30 easier in some respects, you are already doing the whole30 once you comply with the rules alone. ease into the rest if you need to.

FYI: coconut butter is compliant.  :)

here is the meal template: http://whole30.com/downloads/whole30-meal-planning.pdf

Archived