Doing my 1st Whole30 Jan 5th - Looking for some support!

OhMie523

Good Morning,

I am beginning my whole30 on the 5th of this January and I am both nervous and excited. I first heard about the Whole30 while readings and article about healthy diet suggestions in order to lose weight. When I came across the Whole30 and the Whole9 in the article I became intrigued. I began researching the Whole30 realized that it was more than just a way to lose weight it is a way of life and offered so many benefits the I had to try it. I looked at all the free stuff online (which is awesome btw) and then I decided to buy the book. I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis Christmas Eve 2009 and gave birth to my Amazing son January 2012 and also has severed from depression for many many years. I really want to try this and succeed because I really believe this can change my life and I am so excited about it. But the nervous parts come from the fact that I have a very low success rate of completion with anything and that is why I am calling for some support and some help. I'm great a researching but not so great at following through and putting action to my endeavors. As we speak I am stuck on meal planning and shopping lists and I start Monday! Please if anyone can offer any help I would greatly appreciate it. LOOKING FORWARD TO BIG CHANGES!

Hi!   I just discovered Whole30, and decided to buy the book and start Sunday 1/4.    Due to some health challenges, I already am eating this diet with a few exceptions.   I don't eat much fruit, and don't drink juice at all.    I've been using stevia and xylitol, so giving those up, along with chewing gum and chocolate bars will be my biggest challenges.   I've been eating low-carb (50g of carbs/day) for over 1.5 years, but have been slipping up over the holidays, so this is a great time to "detox" my body and my pallet.

Since I've already had the experience of successfully giving up the dairy, grains, pasta, and legumes, I'll be happy to help you with some of the tricks that I've come up with to stay on the program.

Make up your mind to succeed.   Your past does DOES NOT create your future, unless you choose to stay in the past.   Today you can make new choices, and new habits - Its. Not. Hard.   You can do it!   We can do it together!  :-)     My favorite mantra is "I choose to create a new habit.  I don't eat that anymore."

Kindly,  Nancy

Welcome Nancy.... I like your mantra... Just to often we see "others" being blamed for our bad habits, or even worse "circumstances beyond our control"... I salute you !

Good luck with the program... I have been on board with it since June 18, and I love what it has done to my relationship with food, in particular my Swiss chocolates, which I thought I could NEVER live without. I got to the point where I say nobody can coerce me, or guilt me into eating anything that is not good for me... My tastebud reset is unbelievable, but I did not get where I am in 30 days, it took me almost twice as much time, and I am glad I stuck with it.

Archived