Starting Whole30 Jan 5th - Looking for support!!!

OhMie523

Good Morning,

I am beginning my whole30 on the 5th of this January and I am both nervous and excited. I first heard about the Whole30 while readings and article about healthy diet suggestions in order to lose weight. When I came across the Whole30 and the Whole9 in the article I became intrigued. I began researching the Whole30 realized that it was more than just a way to lose weight it is a way of life and offered so many benefits the I had to try it. I looked at all the free stuff online (which is awesome btw) and then I decided to buy the book. I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis Christmas Eve 2009 and gave birth to my Amazing son January 2012 and also has severed from depression for many many years. I really want to try this and succeed because I really believe this can change my life and I am so excited about it. But the nervous parts come from the fact that I have a very low success rate of completion with anything and that is why I am calling for some support and some help. I'm great a researching but not so great at following through and putting action to my endeavors. As we speak I am stuck on meal planning and shopping lists and I start Monday! Please if anyone can offer any help I would greatly appreciate it. LOOKING FORWARD TO BIG CHANGES!

a lot of the difficulty in following through is part of the depression...i argue with a strong inherited pull towards depression...cleaning up your food act will help hugely...danger is letting frustration or difficulty with the food push you back to the foods that actually feed depression...especially grains...

so...ask any particular questions and mostly just remember you're eating protein, fats, veggies...and read labels for junk oil and hidden sugars...

and, if i can be trite, "YOU GO GIRL!!!"

and your son is beautiful...

You can do this, OhMie!  I'm starting Jan 5 as well.  This will be my fourth Whole30.  I keep going back because I feel SO MUCH BETTER when eating this way.  My plan with this round is to incorporate better lifelong habits when it's done.  It really makes a huge difference.

There is also a pretty big Jan 5 group over here if you want to join forces:

http://forum.whole9life.com/topic/23547-starting-january-5th-who-wants-to-start-with-me/

• Administrators

OhMie523 and MAWCD, especially for folks who tend towards depression, we highly recommend that you ensure you are getting enough starchy veggies into your day. Start with a serving (fist sized) at a meal every day and increase as needed. The Whole30 can be inherently low carbohydrate which can be hard on those with depression or mood disorders. it does NOT have to be low carbohydrate, add those rutabagas, winter squash, yams, potatoes, turnips, beets, carrots.

I am starting on January 5th also, looking for some friends to help keep me accountable.

I would love to find a snapchat buddy (or several) - to send pics of food/meals and to help keep each other motivated and on track. Let me know if anyone is interested! Emma

Archived