sugar cravings? afternoon snack?

tulipgirl6

OK so this is my first whole30 and I started on Jan1;  before I started or knew about the whole30 I did try eliminating sugars and ate pretty close to whole30 so I thought why not go all the way?  My question is this:  to begin with, 60 pounds and a year ago I used to get severe salt cravings or munchies around 3 PM.  More recently I've been having a date and 3 walnuts with a lt coffee made with almond milk;  Am I now feeding a 3 pm sugar demon with that snack?  I drink 2-3 liters of water a day so that one almond milk / coffee concoction doesn't seem so bad in that context . . . .  help!

The way to deal with the sugar dragon is to not feed it with anything sweet, so avoid fruit in this context. Ideally, do something non-food related: go for a walk, call a friend, take a bubble bath.

If you are genuinely hungry (litmus test, you could eat something bland like steamed fish and broccoli), the recommendation is to have a mini meal of protein, veg and fat. Nuts are a fat source on a Whole30.

Archived