I am loving my stable mood!

CassieS

So, I am doing my second Whole 30 and am finding the second one to be soooo much better than the first. I am on day six and have had absolutely no "sugar crack" cravings and feel like I could do this forever. The funny thing was that I had to restart this one three times because the first day I caved to sugar...whereas my first one I didn't have to restart at all. It has been pretty much smooth sailing. Even knowing that I'm going to a party tonight with my favorite dessert is not getting me down. I'll just eat some veggies and call it a day. As someone who struggled with sugar cravings 25 days of the first whole 30 and also spent my entire life struggling with binge eating, I'm quite confused at how easy this has been. Also, how I truly want to eat this way forever. Any similar experiences?

• Moderators

Yes!

I'm on Whole30 number four now, and they just get easier and easier for me. Largely because I pretty much eat Whole30 style even when not on a Whole with occasional off roads for scotch, wine, and whey protein. But it never ceases to amaze me how this program basically healed my serious sugar addiction and binge eating behavior. Now I can even enjoy a little of the sweet stuff very occasionally and have no problem going right back to template and carrying on with my life.

So happy it's doing wonderful things for you, too!

I just started the W30, day 7 for me but I have been following paleo for about 6 months now and I believe having that six months of figuring things out it has made the w30 fairly comfortable for me.  No cravings just a bit of a headache, but the last 3 have been totally amazing.  My mood is so easy and calm.  I LOVE the way I feel when I eat clean and I know my family loves me too. 

Archived