Breakfast ideas

gludlow

Hi all,

I am excited to start Whole30 over but I am a bit concerned with breakfast dishes. I know a lot of the dishes are egg dependent or have egg in them. I am allergic to eggs though and I don't want to consume that much.

Does anyone have ideas?

TIA,

Gillan

• Moderators

There are several threads on the forum that address exactly this question. Perhaps google "Whole30"+ "breakfast ideas" to read previous discussions, but the bottom line is we tend to break ourselves of the false belief that breakfast lunch and dinner should be comprised of the sorts of things to which we've culturally become accustomed. Plenty of people still eat all varieties of egg dishes for breakfast, but plenty of us also eat dinner leftovers. The crucial thing is to eat a template meal three times a day (or so), and so we talk about them as Meal 1, Meal 2, and Meal 3.

I like "over light eggs" with a dollop of salsa on top, some sliced avocado or tomatoes and some berries.  You can also make "horchi snorchi" as my husband calls it. It's basically an egg scramble with lots of veggies in.....but what makes it better is a small amount of homemade home fries ( white or sweet potato ), added to it, then add your veggies. I add onions, peppers and mushrooms....brown them all then add your eggs. I like to make extra so I can just take it all out the next day and not have all that cutting and chopping to do. 

Archived