V8 Veggie Blend juices

RachaelRundall

In general, veggie juices are discouraged because we want you to chew your food vs drink it, as chewing is more satiating.

I'm more concerned whether you're eating enough, based on your calorie comment. Can you post 2-3 days worth of your typical food log, including meals, snacks, pre/post workout fuel, and exercise routine?

Typically 2 eggs for breakfast and a banana around 10am. yesterday for lunch was chicken and bell peppers baked w coconut oil and today was a baked potato with salsa and a half cup of cashews. Dinner for the last two nights has beeneggs with mushrooms and either a sweet or regular potato. I've only been at it since Jan 1 (this is my second 30) and my weekends are busy so I haven't had time to cook. Weekdays I normally cook and eat more, but I still want snacks because I get hungry before the next mealtime.

• Administrators

Hey Rachel,

I think Chris was right to be concerned about whether you are eating enough.

The recommended template is:

1-2 palms of protein (or if eggs, as many as you can hold in your hand without dropping them)

1-3 cups of veggies (more if its leafy salad greens)

1-2 thumbs fat (or half to whole avocado or handful of olives)

Fruit is recommended to limit to 1-2 servings a day but always with a meal, not alone

Unfortunately your breakfast is lacking in veggies and your banana snack is probably keeping your "hungry every 2 hours" hormonal response alive. Your lunch today didn't have protein which is what will help to keep you going.

Try to create meals that follow the template that will keep you satisfied for 4-5 hours. You can fuss with the quantities as you go to find your happy spot.

Keep us posted!

Archived