Becky's Last Chance Whole30 log!

This will be the last time I try for Whole30. ( This doesn't mean I will be giving up on myself, or my health) I start with the best of intentions each time, (3 to be exact), and I just haven't been able to get past the grumpy stage of day 3 and 4. I really want to do this, I eat whole30 meals all the time now, which has helped so much, I notice a big difference, but still end up eating junk. I really want to see what more it will do, cause I know there is more. I am not sure why I'm struggling so much to do this.

So with all that said I will begin on Monday Jan 5th, for my last attempt.

I will go into this ready to conquer, I want this very badly!

We all wish you good luck. Take one day at a time, focus on each meal, and keep on thinking you will make it. You know how the mind works... If you keep on thinking it's hard, your brain will process this experience as hard. Think like that little engine that could, "I think I can"

Today is Day 0!  

I still have My daily emails from when I first tried this Nov 10, 2014. (which I recommend by the way) I was hoping for a great end to 2014, and while I didn't complete the whoe30, I still have improved my eating habits and health, so the plan is a great start to the new year instead! 

I am ready for Day 1, Only thing I wish I had prepared is mayo, but I haven't been able to get it to taste good. Too much of a bitter or bite to it, and I'm not sure what it is. I would like to make some avocado sauce/cream. 

This is my health and my life, I want to feel better, sleep better, and have more energy. I'm hoping my chronic pain and inflammation goes away, I'm hoping my facial neuropathy goes away, and I'm hoping for my migraines to be consistently gone. I want to do this, I can do this, and I WILL do this!

Today is Day 1!

Breakfast - 4 egg whites, 1 whole egg, ground Turkey (Apple and cinnamon), black olives, Yukon Gold Potatoes, spinach and 3 cups of water.

Lunch - Grilled cinnamon pineapple and chicken breast fried in coconut oil, with Zucchinni noodles and 3 cups of water.

Dinner- Chicken breast, Yukon gold potato, coconut oil, 4 waters.

Today is Day 2!  

I'm just taking it easy, not stressing over how I will do, just staying positive and focused. If there's a bit of a slip, I will keep going.  I'm making it my life now and that's how it's going to be. 

Prework out - 2 egg whites,

Breakfast - 2 eggs, Yukon Gold Potatoes, coconut oil, and 3 waters.

Today is Day 0!

I am ready for Day 1, Only thing I wish I had prepared is mayo, but I haven't been able to get it to taste good. Too much of a bitter or bite to it, and I'm not sure what it is. I would like to make some avocado sauce/cream.

Did you use extra virgin olive oil for the mayo? That would explain the bitterness. Try to mix some compliant Dijon mustard to it, and mix it well, fresh tarragon will sweeten it as well, or some lemon juice. Next batch, use the normal olive oil, not extra virgin.

I used the recipe from the book. Light mayo, lemon juice and dry mustard. After tasting I then took some to make ranch and found the seasonings still didn't help. I will just have to experiment I suppose, with slight variations in measurements maybe.

Did you use extra virgin olive oil for the mayo? That would explain the bitterness. Try to mix some compliant Dijon mustard to it, and mix it well, fresh tarragon will sweeten it as well, or some lemon juice. Next batch, use the normal olive oil, not extra virgin.

http://forum.whole9life.com/topic/5580-dont-over-think-this/

I just came across this a couple days ago, and read it fully today!  I'm an over thinker.  I get way too involved in trying to this diet/health thing perfectly. The pressure is out there to do it perfectly.  As of today I am walking away from counting down the days that I eat/don't eat perfectly, I'm done with thinking I need to follow what other people believe i should follow. I'm done with the craziness of "the science behind this or that". I'm done with following groups that say I should eat a certain way. It is all overwhelming. All I can do is go by how my body feels. And eating whole30 meals feels best, I have hardly any signs of migraines, I have almost no nerve pain/zapping/vibration etc, I have almost no facial neuropathy, I have more energy then I had before I learned about whole30, and I have great nights of sleep without nightmares when I eat a full days worth of whole30.  So I will continue to eat these meals. I will continue to work on knocking out the junk food,so I can experience even more benefits of whole30 but I don't want to feel like I have failed each day that I have some chocolate. 

I wish you all the best of luck in your journey to health!

I am happy for you that you can experience the benefits of eating the whole30 way. I never felt pressured to do it perfectly, but if you feel too much pressure, doing what you can to change bad habits into good habits little by little is a wonderful accomplishment.

Archived