On day 11!

marymonster

Hi guys! I've been kind of a lurker around here since I started my whole30, but I decided to post today to give myself some more accountibility! A little backround, I'm 15, my name's Mary. I've been eating "primal" for a few months, but my diet was getting less and less clean and so I decided to take the plunge and do a whole30! I'm not going to lie, this is mostly to lose a little fat and gain some healthy muscle, but I also have depression so feeling better is what I'm trying to focus on. I cook most of the meals so my family has come along for the ride, at least at dinner. I've been eating pastured meat where possible. TONS of veggies, I love them. I've been shying away from fruit, because I've been having sugar cravings and it isn't my favorite thing anyway. I've been eating some nuts but I try not to go crazy, mostly macadamias and raw almond butter. My main cooking fats are coconut oil, ghee (love it), and olive oil. Oh, and I have one cup of black coffee in the morning (sometimes two). It's been kind of hard to give up dairy and dark chocolate, but I feel better already so it's been worth it. I'm seriously craving some paleo cookies though!

Archived