Aloha30- Emily's log

Oiiiio98

Day two. Trying to manage the chaos of everything. I'm aware this time of my triggers, I will take the time tomorrow to write them out and identify the ones I am aware of so to prevent screwing this all up..again:) I'm finding a few things helpful this go. The news letter is a nice tool, after I got over the cost. I've convinced myself the $15 was worth having the option to click the link at the end of the newsletter and watch the videos :D I guess it's the little things. I'm trying to convince myself if I need more support if I should reach out to someone I know for support or just trust myself and my wife for when/if it gets really hard.

• 2 weeks later...

So unfortunately on day 9 I went out to dinner with my wife and apparently there was sugar in the balsamic vinaigrette on my arugula salad and the butter was just that, butter. So unfortunately I derailed from my whole30. I gave going out for dinner a shot after a stressful weekend with the Army Reserves and the stress along with the additives in the dressing and butter I had a full fledge eczema break out on my face. This is quite a normal occurrence but prior to this past weekend my face had cleared up more than ever and I was really beginning to feel confident. Now my face is red and blotchy again like the first 9 days never happened. If no breakout would have occurred I probably wouldn't have started over but it is a pretty significant breakout so I feel like it was worth starting over. SO. Alas, here I go again. Maybe I'll actually journal this time instead of think about journaling. 

Since I never spoke about my triggers I'll go ahead and lay a few of them out. 

#1 is hands down Stress. 

2) routine; getting off work, having that one beer. 

3) doubt or slight depression: Sometimes I'll just give it up and eat something or go for a drink to make me feel better. I'm better that that now though:) 

There are a few of them, Stress of course being my # 1 trigger. 

Also, having my first day of classes this semester today really isn't going to help with Stress but I did cut my hours at work to give more time for studies and proper food prep. Heres to the next 30days! Cheers :huh:

Today was day two of my second go of the whole30. So far so good. One thing I've noticed in my personality over the past week is that I'm easily agitated. My fuse is really short. I've gotten like really angry at the dogs for barking, they alway bark, I'm normally not phased at all. I yelled at Rachel last night when she came in from work and wanted to talk about her night. I normally never have this problem. I'm also a couple days late for my period. I think from all of the stress this weekend and this week, along with some brother-in-law stress my body may have decided that a period wasn't necessary this month (it happens when I'm really stressed). I'm assuming my hormones are all over the place trying to fit back into place. 

One good thing I found about the whole30 and preeping all of my food ahead of time is that my food waste is almost none. Sounds like such a novel concept.  :rolleyes:

Today is day 9 of my restart (would have been 21 days), I do have to say I'm doing well. Getting compliments on my skin, etc. However, I think my hormones are going through a swirl right now. My cycle was about two weeks late and I'm annoyed with just about everyone. I'm hoping once my cycle is finished the short fuse will dissipate and become more regulated. Because I had such a late restart on the W30 Im kind of bumbed about not being so closed to being done. I don't know why because I feel great and having food prepped for the day every day is fantastic. Have I mentioned that since I'm cooking everything early my food waste is just about non-existent.

Archived