Starting January 5th...

Annemarief

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello!

I'm also starting tomorrow (still need to do some cleaning out of the pantry and shopping). I have IBS and just digestion problems in general, so I'm really looking forward to this positive experience even though I know I'm going to struggle like crazy not being able to eat pasta. However, I know this is a necessary step I need to take in order to develop my healthy lifestyle. 

Megan

Good luck to you, you can do this! It's only 30 days. I am sure when you start seeing/feeling the results you won't miss the creamer anymore.

I am on day 3 and I am getting used to black coffee; however, I want to make my almond milk as try it in the coffee ;-)

I start tomorrow also. I have went shopping and just need to get my vegetables cut and ready. They said it is easier to have them already done. In my coffee I plan on trying the coconut milk. We will see. My biggest problem bis giVing up my pop. Any suggestions?

• Administrators

Kaac1973, kicking sugary beverages is a rough one. Depending on how much you normally drink of it and if you are habitual about it (same times of day or using as comfort etc), you could have a challenge on your hands. Make sure your meals are full and fit with the template (http://whole30.com/downloads/whole30-meal-planning.pdf) and drink lots of water, about 1/2 an ounce per pound of your body weight. Also ensure that you are including starchy veggies (sweet potato, potato, rutabaga, carrots, beets, winter squash) in at least one meal a day in order to help keep the sugar cravings at bay.

Cpeesscott, I think you'll find that as you get into the Whole30 you will start to notice the natural sweetness in things like tea. You might also pop over to a loose leaf tea store (in person or online) and they tend to have lots of different flavours of teas, just make sure you read the ingredient list and skip over the ones that have non compliant ingredients (soy, candied fruits, sugar, sprinkles, wheat etc).

My husband and I are starting tomorrow as well. We've been eating terribly during the holidays and it's time to get back on track. My mornng latte will definitely be missed! To combat urges to buy a soda from the machine I'm taking a water bottle full of unsweetened iced tea to the office with me.

I'm starting tomorrow with my husband! Kitchen is whole 30 ready! I food prepped most of day and ended up with 7 stitches after an incident with the mandolin slicer! Its only motivating me more, what a funny start to my lifestyle change! My biggest challenge will be some upcoming parties with friends - a big 30th birthday and book club and euchre nights! (Midwestern girl here...). I decided to host the superbowl so I could control (mostly) what food will be there! :) My goal is to stay nearly 100% gluten and sugar free after the challenge to support my energy levels and  weight loss. My department at work is just me right now so stress management is another big challenge for me!

I'm starting tomorrow too! :) I stocked the fridge with meat and veggies and made some sauces/mayo/dressings to mix and match for the first week.

I use coconut milk in my coffee and I have a little portable milk frother (areolatte is the brand) and it makes such a difference - I feel like I'm drinking a fancy latte everyday.

My fiancé and I are starting tomorrow too! Today we food prepped and cleaned out our kitchen. We are getting married in October so for us it's about weight loss, gut health, and overall health improvement! My biggest obstacle will be coffee creamer and wine, his beer and condiments ( I think)!

Hi all!! I will be starting tomorrow too!! I am excited to see what a month on program will do for moods and the way I feel in general plus weight loss :) I have been prepping all weekend and I'm ready to take this on...good luck to u all...we CAN do this!

Diane

Hi Everyone!

I am starting in just about 30 minutes, technically, since it's almost midnight! HA! This will be my second Whole30, my first having been this past August. I really noticed a lot of improvement in my health, and this time my husband is joining me. I have been eating TERRIBLY over the holidays, and boy, am I paying for it! Looking forward to getting to know everyone over this next 30 days!

I'm starting Jan. 5th. This is my 3rd attempt. I've made it 17 days & 22 days in the past. I've meal prepped for the whole week using the Well Fed books. I made mayo, Jerk seasoning, & ginger dressing for the week as well. Good luck everyone!

I'm Troye and also starting January 5th although I'm in Seoul, South Korea and just finished my first day. Having a rough time as I relax in the evening-totally wanting chocolate :/ It's been a good day but I hit a wall and took a nap around 4 for 30 minutes, woke up to nurse my son and went back to sleep for an hour.

I made mayo yesterday but need to make Ghee tonight and put on a pot of bone broth. Today at lunch time I was super glad I had mayo already made-i had the Sanoma chicken salad off the website. It was delish and I made enough to have some tomorrow too.

Today starts my journey, too. I spent most of yesterday in the kitchen cooking and chopping. I have a feeling Sundays will be my kitchen days. Life is chaotic during the week; prep will be the only way I stay on track!

I will miss my coffee. I was planning on adjusting to black or coming up with a hack, which made me realize I REALLY AM addicted. Instead, I will battle the pending headaches, and kick this. I'm switching to water (lots of it!) and green tea. 

Let's do this!

Brenna

Archived