Breakfast problem

I am on the 4th day and the only problem is breakfast. I have never - I'm 71 years old - been able to eat meat, except bacon, or fish, chicken early in the day. And eggs are getting boring. Any suggestions please? I want to do this diet and excited about it but I really like breakfast and do not know how to solve this problem.

Any help will be much appreciated.

A couple of days ago, I wasn't in the mood for eggs, so I had some deli-counter roast beef from New Seasons (I think the ingredients were beef, olive oil, sea salt).  I also bought some Organic Prairie lunch meats (smoked turkey (organic turkey breast, water, sea salt), and roast chicken (organic chicken, water, sea salt))   These deli meats do have a lot of sodium though... but they are compliant.  I had some of the smoked turkey with a "mini-meal" (snack) yesterday, and it was really good.

Also, leftovers from last night's dinner can make an excellent breakfast!

• Administrators

Hi Nigelnobel,

Breakfast can be anything you would eat at any other time of the day. Leftovers as Ann says above are great for breakfast and the proteins that you mention can be combined in innumerable ways to create some pretty amazing breakfast dishes:

salmon cakes - Well Fed or ISWF

spicy tuna cakes - nom nom paleo

quiche (crustless or with sweet potato as the crust)

veggie hashes topped with eggs

turkey chili topped with an egg and avocado

salmon omelette

You need to get creative!

• Moderators

I can think of 100 ways to cook eggs off the top of my head. I published a new egg recipe every week until I got bored with it after about 20 weeks and stopped. Maybe you need to make a greater effort as a cook? :)

Thank you for your generous replies. I think some of you misread my problem: I cannot eat meat, fish or poultry of any kind in the morning. I guess it is matter of looking at animal flesh early in the day, and of being vegetarian for so long. But I thank you for all the suggestions. I understand the reasoning of the diet and look forward to success. Salmon cakes or tuna cakes which I had actually marked in nom nom  and chili are good ideas. We are taking a 60 mile trip to Whole Foods tomorrow to bring home the ingredients we need, a trip we were unable to do before Day 1 due to illnesses. 

Archived