Kayts new whole 30 starting Jan 5

Kayt

Yup I am back and ready to go. I have to say my goals all though weight loss is there, is more about health. I realized not long ago that I am back on taking meds for sleep and mood stabilizer. I always feel so much better and sleep better when I am on plan. So here we sit. I always start things better on a monday, so tomorrow is the day. I already have my meals planned out. And have cleared my desk at work of any temptation and snacks.

IN the essence of transparency.... weight as of 1/4 312
:)

Ok so woke up late.. that does never bode well in my world... so instead of making breakfast and lunch... i made a really big breakfast, scrambled eggs with compliant chicken sausage mushrooms and peppers. I will at half for breakfast and brought the other half to work for lunch.  Now to get all my water in today. :) wish me luck.

Hi Kayt,

Glad there is someone who started on the fifth.

I prepared three meals, curry, chalet-chile and bolognese.

I put these in containers so I have lunches and breakfasts to-go for 2 weeks. Works great for me.

Good luck, we can do this!

I am so glad I am not alone.  I think tonight i am going to cook up a few meals ahead so I can just grab out of the fridge and go.  All though my son though the smell of me cooking on a weekday morning was amazing!  He is such a doll.  Good luck to you too!  And we can totally do this!

Hi Kayt,

Glad there is someone who started on the fifth.

I prepared three meals, curry, chalet-chile and bolognese.

I put these in containers so I have lunches and breakfasts to-go for 2 weeks. Works great for me.

Good luck, we can do this!

Breakfast:  2 egg scramble with mushrooms, onions, and chicken sausage from TJ's.

Lunch: 2 egg scramble with mushrooms onion, chicken sausage a little roasted garlic salsa

snack: roasted broccoli, plantan chips, and a clemintine

yes i know snacks are frowned on but it takes a few days to get that out of my system.

water while at work 60 ounces.

Hi Kayt and Kaat,

I'm starting today as well. I'm started today as well so it looks like we have a nice little support group - if you both are in that is!

So how are you both feeling as day one comes to a close (physically, energy, mood)?

So we don't clog your log feed Kayt should I create a feed for Jan 5th starters?

Susan

Since you both shared your menu today here goes: Needed to fast for bloodworm so only one meal today: meatloaf, brussell sprouts, sweet potato over a big bed of greens.

Fitness: one hour walk / run with Dixie, the best dog in the world!

Why don't we do a Jan 5 thread and see of there are any others who are in... As far as my energy and such today i feel kind of sucky. I am a major caffeine and soda junky... And this first four days on the 30 for me mentally is the worst.

Oy oy oy... I get to the house to pick up the kids and they are eating the one and only best meal most non 30 meal ever.... Biscuits and gravy. I politetly declined and now have had my steak. But wow I hate the first day.

Slept well, like I slept... Woke up with a horrible sinus thing going on. I just now got around to eating my first meal today. Egg scramble with peppers mushrooms and a chicken sausage.

I may be sick but I am sticking to program...

Being sick sucks... I know I have not eaten enough but I can't fathom eating. For breakfast today I had meatloaf with some broccoli. Lunch a little more meatloaf. Dinner fiesta chicken with tomato's and peppers.

Hi there,

I also started on Monday Jan 5.  So, here's to day 3 with you!  Sorry you're not feeling well Kayt. At least you know that what you are eating is healthful for your body, so that may make you get well sooner.

I have loved having my meals all ready to go .  I did a ton of cooking up food on SUnday prior to the start.  

Good luck all!!

Ok so far today.. I am back at work.. I didn't sleep well last night.. but hopefully tonight will be better....

Breakfast, left over fiesta chicken

lunch, the last of the fiesta chicken and some  crisp broccoli florets.  I also added a little more roasted garlic salsa.

I am only 32 ounces of water in so far today but I will try and fix that soon.

I pretty much suck at this whole breakfast thing..... i need to figure out a trick to get it back online.  I don't want portiens in the morning at most i want fruit..... but yeah.  Today breakfast has been a banana and some crunchy brocolli..... i was going to eat my left overs from last night but have held those for lunch... and i am about 32 ounces of water in.

I also started on the 5th.  This is my first Whole30, and I am still overwhelmed by the planning and organization required, as well as a headache.  But today I feel a shift for the better. The food is delicious, even though I am still trying to figure out my shopping and time management.

Welcome to the Crew Lily?  hope that is your name.  In my past 30 i found it easier to do my shopping on one day of the week.  We always go to trader Joes on sunday so that is my day.  I am still not the best at meal planning.  But i seem to fall into a schedule or make dinner, take left overs for lunch.  That is why my breakfast gets lost, especially on rushed days.  the head aches will go away, i promise.  I really didn't even ache that much this time.  And I even gave up caffeine a the same time.  but we are hear for support.  It is easier to do this with "friends".

Ok so time for some catch up....

Dinner last night steak with sauteed mushrooms, and a salad with basalmic dressing I made.

Breakfast scrambled eggs with red and yellow peppers.

Lunch trader joes chicken sausage in a tossed salad with the home made basalmic dressing.

Ok so time for some catch up....

Dinner last night steak with sauteed mushrooms, and a salad with basalmic dressing I made.

Breakfast scrambled eggs with red and yellow peppers.

Lunch trader joes chicken sausage in a tossed salad with the home made basalmic dressing.

Dinner home made polish sausages not in casings..... Fried cabbage and onions in coconut oil, a apple with almond butter.. To by honest I am pretty surprised by how good the cabbage was. And that I avoided the noodles with sour cream the rest of the family was having.

I did not hit my water goal for the day though.

I also know I am not suppose to weigh in, but I had to for another program I am doing, and I am happy to say I am down 4.3 pounds. And my headaches are gone.

Ok, sooooooo... I am bad at posting on sundays.  I am also bad about eating on sundays.  I work for a church and my day gets all sorts of wrapped up in that.

breakfast:  Cherry tart juice from Trader Joes, dehydrated apples, and strawberries and almonds.

Lunch:  i made some more of the ground turkey chili, not as good this round i added portabella mushrooms this time instead of the kind i used last... changed it a little.

Dinner: cashew cookie lara bar, and ground turkey chili.  

So far today for breakfast, apple and almond butter.

The kids are finally back to school today so i am hoping to be able to slip into our routine which gives me time to eat breakfast at home rather then my desk.  my fingers are crossed.

Ok so to continue yesterday....

I found out there is a local restaurant that will cook your chicken up in sunflower oil if you ask.  it costs more but is worth it.  So for lunch yesterday I had naked chicken tenders that were seasons with blackened seasoning, and some steamed broccoli.  I also had a few plantain chips just to get my need fro crunch satisfied.

for dinner it was sauteed mushrooms onions and peppers with a trader joe spicy Italian chicken sausage.

breakfast and I ware still.... fighting!  

I have a apple with almond butter today.  I need to figure something out.  I think i might try making those egg cups that you see on pinterest and then i can just nuke one of those.  5 am and me cooking does not seem to be a good option.... :(.

Archived