Kayts new whole 30 starting Jan 5

Kayt

Ok yesterday... Lunch  Turkey chili, and a luna bar.

dinner:  ny strip steak and some roasted cauliflower

I MANAGED TO FIGURE OUT BREAKFAST!

I made my breakfast up last night, and just heated it this morning.  Chorizo, with peppers, onions and eggs.. super yummy.  

Today's goal is to get all my water in...  32 ounces of water in so far today.  have to stay on top of this.  

ok last nigth did not go as planned one bit.. i took a horrible spill in my driveway and now have a swollen ankle and hurt wrist.  Heading to the orthopedic place this afternoon.  But I didn't go off plan last night.  3 egg scramble with mushrooms, onions and peppers.  i also had a small piece of procuitto and roast beef.

breakfast this morning 

eggs with chorizio.

water only about 20 ounces in so far today.

It is now my Day 12.  I do feel better but suddenly today I am DISCOURAGED.  I don't even know why exactly or what I am expecting.  One trigger is that it is Friday and I am going into the second weekend.  Another weekend with no "let your hair down" Friday.  I guess I am feeling deprived, which seems ridiculous with all this delicious food.  These are probably my two biggest worries:  (1) how fattening are all these fats?  For instance, I still need my coffee but in order for it to be palatable I am using coconut milk and coconut oil.  Can I lose weight eventually? and (2) I am still spending two hours in the kitchen most evenings and dirtying every pot, pan, plate and bowl. Can't seem to get organized.

So, I have dumped my bucket.  Thanks for reading.

Kayt - hope you are feeling better from your fall.  Having aches and pains certainly doesn't make it easy to think about cooking!

As I was reading your posts, I just wanted to comment on a couple of things ;)  First - breakfast.  I am so glad that you figured it out!  Sometimes, when I didn't want breakfast, I would head for leftover soup.  If the soup didn't have any protein in it, I would just add acouple boiled eggs that had been boiled earlier in the week.  

I also work for my church and sundays are hard.  I am at church before 9am and not home until after 5pm.  On top of that, most of us tend to go out for lunch between services.  I had to decided if I was going to miss that fellowship - or find other adaptations.  I have been know to take my own food into a resturant and then just order a salad.  I found several "go-tos" from some of the places we go (usually steak - no seasoning, dry baked sweet potato, steamed veggies - and take my own ghee and salad dressing).

Best of luck to you in your journey!

Lilly, have you tried sitting down on Sunday/Saturday and planning your meals for the week?  i know that has helpped me so i know exactly what i am cooking and when.  and if i can cook it up Saturday afternoon i do.  ;)  

I am having a horrible woe is me day.  3 of my favorite co-horts are leaving work today to go to another office.  There is a huge office wide potluck and they are all going out for dinner and drinks afterward.  I bowed out of dinner and drinks with the excuse of the kids.  and I am just going to try and avoid the potluck area as best as i can.  I have some major food issues... and I hate that so much socialization revolves around food....  I don't like sitting out but I know at this point me being around it would not be in my best interest.....

I have very few friends who understand the whole 30 concept... So I hear a lot of... "don't you get a cheat day"... *sigh*

It is now my Day 12.  I do feel better but suddenly today I am DISCOURAGED.  I don't even know why exactly or what I am expecting.  One trigger is that it is Friday and I am going into the second weekend.  Another weekend with no "let your hair down" Friday.  I guess I am feeling deprived, which seems ridiculous with all this delicious food.  These are probably my two biggest worries:  (1) how fattening are all these fats?  For instance, I still need my coffee but in order for it to be palatable I am using coconut milk and coconut oil.  Can I lose weight eventually? and (2) I am still spending two hours in the kitchen most evenings and dirtying every pot, pan, plate and bowl. Can't seem to get organized.

So, I have dumped my bucket.  Thanks for reading.

Kmlynne,

thank you for your kind post... after my fall i am a little wonky still.. i am in a walking boot for a while and in a wrist brace.. let me tell you this is really attractive.

I have such issues with food it isn't even funny.  but as of right now i seemed to have found my groove.  this morning for breakfst i had a green juice apples and spinach mostly and 2 hardboiled eggs.  Cooking with a wrist brace is not going to be a fun adventure bu i will make it a adventure none the less.

Kayt - hope you are feeling better from your fall.  Having aches and pains certainly doesn't make it easy to think about cooking!

As I was reading your posts, I just wanted to comment on a couple of things ;)  First - breakfast.  I am so glad that you figured it out!  Sometimes, when I didn't want breakfast, I would head for leftover soup.  If the soup didn't have any protein in it, I would just add acouple boiled eggs that had been boiled earlier in the week.  

I also work for my church and sundays are hard.  I am at church before 9am and not home until after 5pm.  On top of that, most of us tend to go out for lunch between services.  I had to decided if I was going to miss that fellowship - or find other adaptations.  I have been know to take my own food into a resturant and then just order a salad.  I found several "go-tos" from some of the places we go (usually steak - no seasoning, dry baked sweet potato, steamed veggies - and take my own ghee and salad dressing).

Best of luck to you in your journey!

Half way there!!!!!!  I had a good weekend food wise.  Logged it on MFP.  as I was not near a computer.  

Half way through today!  And I feel good.  I am sleeping so much better, my skin is starting to clear up after the massive break out.  I think of it as my boyd pushing all the ick out.  
I have found a trigger in lara bars.  So I am not allowed to buy more then one at a time.  But they do a really good job when i am in a hurry.  And i do appreciate them for that.

my new favorite thing is monkey salad.  2 banana's sliced up with coconut (nothing added to it) and a handful of cashews.  omg yum.

I did splurge this weekend and allow myself a little of our homemade cider, since i know there is nothing added to it.  It was sooooooo good!

Archived