Going to see a naturopath- suggestions?

Last week I started my second (successful, 3rd try) Whole 30. This week I have an appointment with a naturopath and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for me or questions to ask. This is my first experience with a holistic doctor and I am unfamiliar with their approach or what type of "treatment" I'm expecting to get. I hope she won't just try to sell me a bunch of supplements. I'm not seeing her for anything too specific except mystery symptoms I've been experiencing like feeling anxious/on edge, shaky, dizzy, sensitive to hot and cold and just "not right". Regular doctor wasn't open to having anything tested like thyroid so that's why I decided to seek out another option. Suggestions appreciated!

• Moderators

It sounds to me as if you know exactly your complaints. Simply share them with the naturopath who should ask more prodding questions. My experience with a good functional medicine doctor is that it feels like a real partnership. I simply come with detailed observations and descriptions of symptoms and experiences, and she asks more questions, does tests, and makes suggestions. Oh, and she, plus Whole30, have completely transformed my health for the better.

Best of luck and keep us posted!

Archived