29 weeks pregnant on week two

So far I guess I am not doing so bad. I have been kind of snacky but I am 29 weeks pregnant and trying to still find what works for me. I generally feel better and my stomach doesn't hurt unless I eat too many nuts :/. But I have a little more energy too. I am just wondering what I can do to not feel so hungry all the time. I am good after breakfast for about 3 hours and then the hunger monster comes. I try to last till lunch and have a big lunch but sometimes I have to make a snack. Usually something fast like nuts and fruit or a veggie. I also crave tuna but try not to eat too much of it. Any ideas on what kinds of mini meals I can eat? Just want to be sure I am getting enough for my baby and want to make sure they aren't cravings if that makes any sense.

Thank you. 

• Administrators

Hi Brittany,

Can you post a few days of your meals so that people here can take a look?  The general "3 meal a day no snacks if possible" rule doesn't apply to pregnant women, you need more for yourself and your baby. Try to make your three meals large enough to get you to the next one but consider adding a fourth meal in.  All snacks that you have should also be little mini meals containing at least protein and fat if not also veggies.

Fruits alone will cause your "hungry every 2 hours" cycle to stay open so we recommend having any fruit with your main meals.

Mini meals that are good: hard boiled eggs w/ mayo, meatballs and avocado, leftover chicken with olives...and all of these can have veggies added to them.

Archived