Whole30 for Lent: starting February 18th.

angledge

Yay day 30! Other than being sick I am pleased with the program. Going to weigh myself tomorrow. Nervous and excited! I'm going to reintroduce legumes tomorrow. I'd love to keep it going here if the others are okay with it. If not that's fine too. After reading the book I'm skipping dairy altogether. It's been an agitator for my system for a long time. I am going to take the Hartwigs advice make this a lifestyle change and weigh whether eating something is worth it or not when a special occasion arises. Best of luck to all of you! It has been a joy.

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want to say Congratulations to everyone who made it Whole30!! You should be very proud!

Even though Whole30 is behind us, I still plan on eating close to Whole30. I see great results and feel awesome and I want to continue feeling like this. I definietly want to continue Paleo lifestyle!

I will repeat Whole30 again and will make through Whole30.

I did alcohol intro and I noticed that after having wine I have not had red flares up on my chest! Felt just fine, did not go overboard.

Once again congrats!!

I'm staying on until Easter too.  I don't know how to go about reintroductions either.  I just want some bacon!  That's all I know for sure.  I could've tracked to a Whole Foods and bought some compliant, but I never did.  I started this journey with four people from my gym, and I'm the only one left still going.  Lent is a strong motivation for me.  I don't have many cravings, but when I start to think about Easter brunch with my family, I get worried.  Bread is my most favorite thing in the whole world, and even though I've been Paleo for a year, it still calls my name.  So excited that we're almost there!

My whole30 ended on Monday! I ended with 9.8# weight loss.  I really would like to know my BMI.  I added tortilla chips Tuesday so two days of whole30 now.  I didn't want to add legumes back in.  I am adding yogurt in next.  Having trouble not nibbling now.  Need to stick with what I have learned!!!!!  Have learned alot! Kudos to all for making it!

Congratulations everyone. Day 30! Just started Spring Break-flying to CA to visit my family. Plan on eating as close to Whole30 as I can, the paleo diet works well for me. I'm not craving anything yet, but I'll likely enjoy a glass of wine or two with my sisters. Feeling great and sleeping so much better. Enjoy your success.

Congratulations everyone who finished today! And best of luck to anyone staying whole 30 til the end of lent :)

I'm not going to reintro normally, as today I have an appearance day with one of my sponsors which involves going out for lunch with some competition winners and it's a set menu so I'm just going to eat it, and just jump back on the close-to-whole30 wagon tomorrow!

Zoe, thanks for the tip about Camden market, I'm actually in London today so I might check it out!!

Thanks everyone for all the support here, not sure I'd have come through til the end otherwise!

This way of eating really suits my body, and I plan to do another round starting Easter Monday and eat as closely as possible to whole 30 during my conpetetive season, I think it might just be what I've been needing :)

I didn't measure at the beginning.  Boo!  I did weigh myself on day 30 even though I'm going until Easter.  20lbs down!  I tried on a pair of pants that I got for Christmas last year that I could've fit a leg into.  They now fit beautifully.  

• 2 weeks later...

Lent is over, and I had hard cider with lunch. :)

I lost 13 pounds during Lent, and learned to pray for strength to eat healthy foods and ignore potato chips. :) We moved a few days ago. It was exhausting. I think our weeks of eating such healthy foods helped prepare us for this tough time.

I can't believe I did it!  I didn't realize how awesome I was feeling until I had some candy today.  Still gluten free candy, but candy.  :(  I'm trying to remember that this is a process and only my first whole30 (technically whole46 but who's counting).  I feel awful and can't wait for compliant food starting again tomorrow to reintroduce correctly.  Congrats to all the lenters out there!

Archived