HELP FORUM!!! Day 3 and the urge is bad!

maryannet

I am on day 3 and I am in a stalemate.. I was so excited about making a almond flour coconut baked fish tonight and it was so blan ...so her i sit hungry because i coulnt eat the fish.

I need sauce ideas....I am a saucy person!lol I just wanted to cry...I wen to pantry and had a few cashew then i saw the almond butter and took a teaspoon and read the lable...added molases...did that one bit screw everything up cause if i have to extend this i may kill myself.

I am a carb addidt. Salty Crunchy bread with brie, sandwiches and of course no wine:(

i NEED IDEASFOR KEEPING THINGS FRESH AND TASTY PLEEEEEEEAAAASE!!!

HOW DO MAKE MAY...THAT MIGHT HAVE HELPED MY FISH... CAN WE ADD HORSRADISH?

I NEED SPICY...HELP ANYONE!!! I NEED SOME GOOD GRUb IDEAS

This won't help you out with the fish tonight, but as far as getting a little heat into your menu: I'm making buffalo chicken tonight -- chicken thighs baked with salt & pepper, mix in food processor: 1C Frank's Red Hot, 1C coconut milk, 3T dijon, small handful of garlic cloves, salt & pepper. Put sauce in skillet and warm up, then add chicken from oven and let it simmer together for a little bit.

Here's my favorite how-to video for mayo (skip the honey) -- works like a charm for me every time:

Another flavorful condiment that I'm obsessed with at the moment is romesco sauce (thanks to Derval for turning me onto it!). It's good with pork tenderloin, but also delicious with lots of other things - sweet potatoes, eggs, chicken ... maybe even fish?! http://blog.williams...-romesco-sauce/

Stick with it Maryanne, don't get discouraged! On Day 3, things probably feel a bit overwhelming, but I promise they get easier, and IT IS SOOOOO worth the effort. :)

Are you getting the daily emails? I am on day 3 also and they said that today can be a rough one for a lot of people. I had a similar meltdown tonight when the roast I made was over cooked. Hang in there, we can do this!

Thanks so much!! I did make it through day 3 !!

Yes I do get the daily emails and had to laugh at the breakdown of the 30 days...I told my husband no smiling at me in the morning I may deck him!! LOL Ya gotta find humor in all this at times or you will crack.

ANN- Thank you so much for the great idea!!! I really need to sauce it up. I am going to make that mayo tonight and add franks hot sauce to my list. Sauces help things go down sometimes. The fish was just bland!

I love your quote if man makes it don't eat it!! And Jack Lelanne was one of the original fitness experts!

THANKS EVERYONE FOR THE SUPPORT! LOVE THE FORUM...HERE'S TO DAY 4

Started off with a delish breakfast smoothie in my magic bullet.

1 cup of spinach

1 cup blueberries

4 strawberries

splash of pure vanilla

1/4 cup coconut milk

12 cup water

and ice cubes to make it to the consistancy you like!

Dr Oz would love this one!! he is all about the spinach and blueberries:-)

What has been a HUGE hit at my house is the Italian recipe in the meal plans/master recipes. It is in the chicken/pork/fish section and oh my.. rich and flavorful! Hubby said I can make it every night if I want. I have made it with both the chicken and pork and have had it with roasted vegg--YUM!

A little salt helps food that is bland and is a necessity in my diet. For sauces, I agree with the hot sauce recommendation above, and salsa is always good :)

You can buy almond butter without added sweeteners at Trader Joe's...it's really good and naturally kind of sweet. You can make a sauce out of any nut butter (almond, sunbutter, tahini, etc), lemon and salt. It sounds weird but it's good on vegetables.

Another good sauce is a little coconut milk with curry powder in it....you can make it spicy too. I don't measure anything...just taste test until I like it!

What has been a HUGE hit at my house is the Italian recipe in the meal plans/master recipes. It is in the chicken/pork/fish section and oh my.. rich and flavorful! Hubby said I can make it every night if I want. I have made it with both the chicken and pork and have had it with roasted vegg--YUM!

SpinSpin, where is this meal plans/master recipes? I have the ISWF book..is it in there (I have it on my Kindle, but only 1/2 way through it)? OR..is it in the 2012 Success Guide. I have the older one from 2010 (I think). Maybe it's time to buy the new one.

Hi Maryannet,

I'm glad to hear you made it through the rough patch. Hang in there!

The best source of flavor inspiration I have found so far (day 24 of whole 30 #2, 8 months paleo), is Melissa Joulwan's blog, www.theclothesmakethegirl.com, and her cookbook, Well Fed. She is a brilliant, creative cook and her wit and honesty will help keep you going. Her mayo and Sunshine Sauce are favorites in our house.

Strength and peace to you,

Audrie

Archived