Day 5: are there other things in life to think and dream about besides food? :)

meshello

Today is day 5 of my third Whole30.

I feel pretty good, even went for a hike this morning with my dog.  Today was the first day back to school for my daughter and i did for a moment want to kill all the things, but it passed 

I have beef/lamb stock on the stove, curried broccoli soup i made last night waiting for lunch, and found myself on my hike thinking about what i will make for dinner…and i realized that when you really pay attention and focus on only putting excellent foods into your body, you actually have to pay attention and focus.  I know this gets easier but right now i feel like i am either in my kitchen or thinking about what to do once i am in my kitchen 24/7…This is not a complaint, as a chef, i actually enjoy it very much, its just mind boggling at how much it takes over one's thoughts in the beginning...

last night i dreamt that i was with a friend and was hungry, we drove to this burger shack down the road (that doesn't really exist) and i was stoked to see that an old friend that i hadn't seen in years was the owner.  Since she was an old friend, i didn't feel weird asking her to make me a burger on a salad, no dressing and what exactly did she put in the burger patty? :)

She seemed really eager to meet my needs and delivered me a plate of food that seemingly looked exactly like what i had asked for with the addition of a side of fries.  IN MY DREAM i remember having the thought…oh potatoes are compliant and i shove a mouthful into my mouth and at that moment i could taste the yucky oil they were fried in and i spit them out…HA!

I then turned to my lettuce wrapped burger and took a bite, only to find that she had slathered the inside of the lettuce with mayonnaise…As the bite slid down my throat i realized that i would have to start my Whole30 over again..and then i remembered that my best friend (in real life) was going to be home in 2 days and wanted to jump in on my Whole30 with me so since i had messed up i would just start again with her...

then i woke up…i mean seriously, this is a bit cra cra in my opinion…dreaming about food, dreaming about trying to be compliant, dreaming about messing up and having to start over, counting days, realizing that i will just extend my W30 to match up with my friends...

at least i woke up rested and not exhausted from all that thinking…and the best part is i wake up and get to have that moment where i say..OH! it was just a dream, i didn't mess up, I'm on day 5!!!

yay!!!

My daughter had dreams like that so many times on her whole30 the first time... Always waking up glad she did not have to start it all over... Haha... Just to show you that your brain indeed needs to be reset thru that process!...

Crazy food dreams are more common than you'd think LOL

Seriously, it does get easier. I'm a creature of habit, I have the same thing for breakfast and lunch every day I'm working, and I do a dinner plan once a week before I shop, then cook up breakfasts and lunches on Sunday. Sometimes the weekly cookup is a DRAG, particularly when I'm trying to get dinner on the table as well, but it does save so much brainpower the rest of the week

Archived