The "Return of the Dirty Thirty" 12 January start date

dcducks1

I did the happy dance this am. Team leader at work texted me and asked if I wanted CT again today. CT is where you sign up to get called off if they don't need all the people scheduled to work. So of til 11 and probably 3. Have to check in at 0930 to see if they need me at 11. Like a mini vaca. I feel like I could take a nap so I think I will feelin a bit stuffy in the head and sneezy... Probably from all the dust I had stirred up yesterday and day before. Nap and then stir up more dust! It feels so good to feel like getting stuff done!

All that cleanin' and riddin'.   Are you familiar with fetchers' and catchers'?  That's what the older folkaronies say when they call up...we need some fetchers and catchers over here....to help change lightbulbs, fetch things  around town or the house.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nope, not heard that. Learned riddin' when I came to Ohio. Back home in west KY, we just called it cleaning... but we were always fixin' to do it or something...

I like cleanin' and riddin'.   I'm cabbaging onto it right now.

Does rettin' mean riddin' ...gotta be.  I've been known to clean house in the middle of the night.  Mop floors, clean ovens, bathrooms... I used to do it all of the time after midnight on Friday nights so I could wake up and not have Saturday housecleaning  to do.  I would stay up all night long and crash in the morning.  I still enjoyed waking up and having everything done. I was single then.  It was fun.  When you're in your 20's,  you can stay up all night long dancing and go to work the next morning.  I loved to go dancing.  :lol: 

I had a wild roommate who loved dancing, too.  Her cowboy BF would stop by the house after he'd been to Taco Bell (after dancing)...one night, he went into the wrong house and was sitting on 'their' couch eating his tacos around 1:00 AM.  He turned on 'their' TV and started looking at 'their' family photos on the wall.   He ran outta there like a scared rabbit.  He was such a goofball but it was silly fun.  In these here parts, it's a wonder he made it out by the skin of his teeth.   :D 

• Administrators

It's time to punch in...I'm up because my dog is sleeping in my bed..with her lil head on my pillow.  I don't have the heart to move her.  She likes my pillow, what can I say.   The Bear is sawing logs and I think it puts her to sleep.   :D

Your salmon, you've been looking forward to that for a long time.   I hope you're bright eyed and ready for work.  I think I'll go sleep in the dog's bed.  :lol:  

Yep, my baby prefers my pillow too, more than I would prefer, LOL!

Gracie%20Bed_zpsbyyzwbde.jpg

Yep, my baby prefers my pillow too, more than I would prefer, LOL!

Gracie%20Bed_zpsbyyzwbde.jpg

Only animal lovers would find this as sweet as we do.  They love our essence because we're all bonded so tight.   Animals/pets are the sweetest creatures.

Lady Shanny, that's exactly where dogs want to lay their head...where you've been.  Love it.

I wonder if Higs lets her goats sleep on her pillow.  Where is Higs?  Laurie....are you out there?

• Administrators

Only animal lovers would find this as sweet as we do.  

Lady Shanny, that's exactly where dogs want to lay their head...where you've been.  Love it.

She's funny because she only likes my pillow/spot on the couch/blanket/side of the bed.  She loves, loves, LOVES Ray but she only sleeps on my stuff. And even if we switch it up to see if it's just the "spot" that she likes, she transitions to wherever it is that I was.  

She's funny because she only likes my pillow/spot on the couch/blanket/side of the bed.  She loves, loves, LOVES Ray but she only sleeps on my stuff. And even if we switch it up to see if it's just the "spot" that she likes, she transitions to wherever it is that I was.  

She picked you...you're her favorite human.   They always pick one and you're it.  They may love all others but you're the one with the tightest bond.  

Remember when I asked you about the complacency phase of weight release...when the mind mule wants to lay down in the middle of the trail and soak up the sun?  The mind mule wants to head back for the barn and leave you standing there without a ride home. The time when everything can come undone because the mind doesn't want to be reminded everyday why you're making new grooves?

When the mule tells you it's alright to start making subs for sugar in the form of way too fruity smoothies or gasp, even honey.  Well, I told the mind mule to go ahead and take a hike without me.  My spirit kicked the mind mule's hindend. It reignited like the pilot light on my hot water tank that didn't want to stay lit.

I turned up the thermostat to a rolling boil.  For some it's food boredom, others it's cravings and for those who are coming in hot towards the finish line...mind mule wants to fight with you until the end. I just had to tell that mind mule to sit down and shut up.

There really is no finish line when it comes to cultivating a better relationship with food.  So what tips can you give us or did you use not to let it all come undone.  It happens to so many people who go all of the way back to square one. I'm not talking 10...but you know....you know.

Letting the pressure off with organic honey, maple syrup, or any other form of sugar would put me back at square one immediately.  Off-roading with sugar would be Groundhog Day for T2.  I don't want sugar but I don't want to go 'meh' and get complacent.  It's the beginning of undoing hard work.  Meal by meal, mile by mile and day by day.

"Normal" people just swing their feet out of bed, let their feet hit the floor and don't even have to think about the mind mule.  They go to work, golf or play softball, fish out of their boat, whatever....never thinking about the consequences of food choices.  Do you think "normal" people are genetically gifted and chosen?  All I want is normal and no more abby normal consequences from food groups.  I'm blaming all of this on my mother today. It's her family's genetics and dang it, I've inherited their genes. 

Am I a gerbil who got short-changed when it comes to the proper shut-off valves for metabolizing sugars, alcohols, grains?  Are their peas missing out my brain?  :D  :lol: When brains were being handed out, did I get short-changed for the legume link?  :P 

That is all.  Maw, it's your fault.

Meadow wanted me to pop in and say hello! I hope everyone is doing well. I have been working very hard to finish my Master's thesis and my Graduate level statistics course. Only one more week left and then I plan on getting on a Whole 30.........HARD! Have a great Friday. Meadow....."ping" me in a week if you haven't heard from me!

Dave

Meadow wanted me to pop in and say hello! I hope everyone is doing well. I have been working very hard to finish my Master's thesis and my Graduate level statistics course. Only one more week left and then I plan on getting on a Whole 30.........HARD! Have a great Friday. Meadow....."ping" me in a week if you haven't heard from me!

Dave

Yep, that earthquake in red there is on Haida Gwaii, an island about 450 miles (as the crow flies) from where I live. Same province.

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/eventpage/us200028ue#general_map

M6.2 - 182km WSW of Bella Bella, Canada

Nearby Cities

1. 182km (113mi) WSW of Bella Bella, Canada
  2. 284km (176mi) S of Prince Rupert, Canada
  3. 336km (209mi) SSW of Terrace, Canada
  4. 430km (267mi) WNW of Campbell River, Canada
  5. 641km (398mi) NW of Victoria, Canada

Archived