The "Return of the Dirty Thirty" 12 January start date

dcducks1

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are a number of companies whose products I boycott, usually for ethical reasons - Coca Cola being one of them. I saw this promotional video last year but something brought it to mind today and I had to share it to vent my anger again.... It's great that these guys are getting to speak to their families, but I disagree sooooooo strongly with the entire concept - Coca Cola makes you happy. Encouraging people to drink their products so that they can have a short conversation with their family. Every time they drink a coke, they get to be happy - it's like brain washing. How much cheaper is water I wonder? And how much happier would they be with more cash in their pocket, and no addiction to feed....

Welp.   I would say chronic pop chuggers are rethinking their high fructose corn syrup/sugar consumption.  

Rebranding, refocusing, readvertising. 

How about Green Tea is Green Sustainabilty...for us.

:rolleyes: It sustains me and is breaking the coffee habit....even if it is the same old green tea bag.    

jmcbn, I decided to trial dairy yesterday. So I had half and half in coffee with M1, Sour cream and cheese with M2 and the last of the half and half with peaches with M3. I am a little unsure of the results. Nothing major came up other than feeling really tired, but that could be from all that I had going on. Did seem to be a tiny bit stuffy in the head...but not anything serious. So, maybe something I could have on special occasions.

Mom went to Rehab last night, but had an episode of Afib. so was put on cardiac step down. The Dr. ordered for her to get a unit of blood due to Hgb low. Also ordered some b vitamins. said she needed to eat more protein... :D Off to bed for me, I am exhausted...

Eat more protein  :D  I think *everyone* should eat more protein!  :D 

Good news about the dairy - a tiny bit stuffy in the head I could manage if I was to eat it every once in a while... 

It's raining here again. Or rather, it hasn't stopped raining here since about 11am yesterday here. The water is 'pooling' in my back garden, and all the tidying up I'd done looks non-existent after the overnight winds. Hopefully next weekend will be dry and I can get it sitting pretty again. For today it's a quick cardio session at the gym before heading out for the afternoon with my parents and the boys - it's an indoor event, thankfully!!

Have a great Sunday  :)

yep, my thoughts exactly on both! Day 2 after trial, still feel tired and a tiny bit stuffy. Will continue with only compliant foods til tired and stuffy gone. On vaca for the next 9 days. so hopefully, no stress and good rest. My next trial will be fermented/sourdough bread...

I think it is fantastic to have a group you can gell with for a Whole 30.   Life can be super totally ridonkulously unfair when it comes to metabolism, peri-meno-post hit the pause buttons,  cravings, desires for old favorite haunts and food that taunts.

I have some Slow Roll Reintro experience with what it takes to create a Maintenance Plan going forward like waaaay into the future.   It's taken me almost a year to put one together.

I know the difference between an authentic plateau and maintenance.    It can be just a single hair's difference between the two.    I believe in a smidge of intuitive eating and learning to read the signs along the highway of a weight release and solar flaring.

Ooooooo, I believe in going Ooooooo soooooo sloooooowww and sneaking up on that metabolism.   If you work it right, you can come up behind it and say MOVE IT and scare it silly.   Oh, yes, you can.

It takes tweaking and months of practice but I've learned how to teach a junkyard dog some new tricks.

Tiger Blood is one of the terms that Charlie Sheen uses.    Sheen-isms are based on the love of his father and movies.

Da Ma-Sheen loves two movies in particular.  

Apocalypse Now and Jaws....one starring his father and a great big shark.

Charlie's seen both of them well over 150 times.   He knows them by heart - line for line, word for word and he still watches them constantly.

It's from these great moments in films that Sheen-isms are derived.

From Apocalypse - Tiger Blood

From Jaws -  The "Torpedo of Truth"

Tiger Blood -  It's about being on top of the world....everyone else is crawling for cover or a nap, and you're saying "WINNING".  It's that second wind that comes to catapult you right to the end of the Whole 30.    Da Ma-Sheen.

It MAY happen for you.    It happened for me....several times around Day 21.   Oh, yeah.

I don't believe it happens if an individual is snacking all the live-long day or cutting corners on REAL FOOD proteins, vegetables and good fats.

I already feel better after two days with Real Food Carbs (root vege).   I believe when you're really in the pocket with your food....the Ma-Sheen starts clicking down the tracks at a faster pace.   I also think you can tap into your  TIGER BLOOD ...more often if you don't yo-yo back and forth and use the Whole 30 for a periodic diet.

I see some out there want to take a break for a few days....go off on a Thrill Eating Ride and then bounce back on the W30.   That's only going to put you deeper in a hole.

You can't break the cycles of thrill or binge eating if you keep returning to Groundhog Day.

You run the risk as I've witnessed....Thrill Eating on Day 31 can lead to several months of continuing - until you have to start all over again with another Whole 30.    

Wash.   Rinse.    Repeat.    

It's important to keep breaking the cycles.   Keep giving in and well, .....Tiger Blood may pass you by.

Tiger Blood is not overrated.    It's for real.   If it wasn't an authentic experience, it would not be on the Whole 30 Timeline or written about in ISWF and Whole 30.  

It's not talked about much anymore.  The WD30'rs experienced it.  We didn't snack inbetween meals with bars, dried fruits, nut butters and nuts.

Denise experienced it.  It took her longer than 30 days to get there.   If you build it, it will come.  I believe the way to get there is stop snacking entirely.  NO SNACKS.   NONE.  

Allowing 4-5 hours inbetween meals is the best way to get there.   Skipping meals and waiting 7-10 hours inbetween meals is not the answer either.    There's a pocket, a groove that you have to reach.  Once you're there, you can harness its power.   It can give you a mountain of momentum to take you all the way where you need to go.  Use it.   

If Tiger Blood has eluded you,  go back to the well.   Do a Whole 30 Reboot.  

Don't skip meals and don't eat snacks.  Eat your fruit at the end of meals or scattered on top of your proteins, roasted vegetables and good dietary fats.   Build on that and it will come.   Ooooo, throw an egg on top of your leftovers as they reheat for good measure...when they're almost ready to take out of the pan.

Have a backup strategy for your cravings buster.  Cravings are artificial hunger.   If you're truly hungry or about to cave in to your cravings....with old behaviors  - acting on immediate gratification;  find a safehouse.   A cravings safehouse is a place you can go to for a good amount of protein and a nice dollop of fat.   Not something Teeny Tiny but an actual meal that meets all of the satiety requirements.

A place for ribs, steaks, chops, baked potatoes, salads.    You go in and sit down.  Order and know your satisfying meal is on the way.  You mill around with friends who are sitting around waiting for the food.  Distract yourself by looking out the window, drinking your tea.   Your meal arrives and it's pleasant.   You enjoy your Whole 30 compliant meal.   You're still in the pocket and you leave feeling great.

Check yourself before your wreck yourself.   There's no need to fall back into bowls of pasta, white flour-y sauces, pizzas, and multi crap. 

Never hide when you're going through a rough patch.  It never helps.   REACH OUT to others. If you've hit the wall,  get out of the house.  Take yourself somewhere for a redirect.  The Blah times will come but switching everything up really helps when you're just plain tired of your own cooking and need some new scenery.  When things are blah - a quick daily check will help you stay on track.  No matter what you're going through, the first Whole 30 Days experience,  Slow Roll Reintro or honing in on your Maintenance Strategy.

Whole Food Proteins

Eat them

Release weight

Build muscle

Feel Great

Look Great

There are a number of companies whose products I boycott, usually for ethical reasons - Coca Cola being one of them. I saw this promotional video last year but something brought it to mind today and I had to share it to vent my anger again.... It's great that these guys are getting to speak to their families, but I disagree sooooooo strongly with the entire concept - Coca Cola makes you happy. Encouraging people to drink their products so that they can have a short conversation with their family. Every time they drink a coke, they get to be happy - it's like brain washing. How much cheaper is water I wonder? And how much happier would they be with more cash in their pocket, and no addiction to feed....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVXmMMSo47s

after-the-show.jpg

“I know that I have a food addiction and it is something I will probably fight for my whole life. But with Whole30, I learned so much about WHY and HOW and WHEN I make those choices that are not the best for me. I know that most of the food issues I have are with my mind. I craved sugar because I ate too much sugar. - See more at: http://whole30.com/2014/08/courtneys-whole30-story/#sthash.e592tu9I.dpuf

anss_imw.gif

A minor earthquake occurred at 8:56:15 AM (MDT) on Sunday, May 3, 2015.
The magnitude 3.5 event occurred 13 km (8 miles) SW of Hawthorne, NV.
The hypocentral depth is 5 km ( 3 miles).

Magnitude 3.5 - local magnitude (Ml) Time Sunday, May 3, 2015 at 8:56:15 AM (MDT)
Sunday, May 3, 2015 at 14:56:15 (UTC) Distance from Hawthorne, NV - 13 km (8 miles) SW (226 degrees)
Qualeys Camp, NV - 23 km (14 miles) NW (311 degrees)
Wichman, NV - 25 km (16 miles) ESE (121 degrees)
Bodie, CA - 36 km (22 miles) NE (43 degrees)
Bridgeport, CA - 48 km (30 miles) ENE (64 degrees) Coordinates 38 deg. 26.6 min. N (38.444N), 118 deg. 43.8 min. W (118.730W) Depth 4.8 km (3.0 miles)

charlie-sheen-winning-resized-600.jpg

Days 16-27: Tiger Blood. Goodbye cravings, hello Tiger Blood! This must be what everyone is talking about. You’ve hit the downhill slope of your Whole30 and life is beautiful. Your energy is through the roof, you’ve kicked the cravings, you’re experimenting with new, delicious food, and you’ve finally got the time to notice that your clothes fit better, your workouts are stronger, and you are generally more awesome. - See more at: http://whole30.com/2014/04/tiger-blood/#sthash.XZlOEhpT.dpuf

If you’re one of those folks who has hit the halfway mark and isn’t seeing or feeling the dramatic changes others have reported*, know this: You’re not doing it wrong. If you began the Whole30 with a medical condition, a long and rooted history of unhealthy food habits, or a chronically stressful lifestyle, your “magic” may take longer to appear. - See more at: http://whole30.com/2013/08/revised-timeline/#sthash.1YjiOoLN.dpuf

When you make that strong declaration and personal commitment not to use the Whole 30 as a Periodic Diet or yo-yo around with it....and you do uproot those unhealthy food habits....Tiger Blood will be yours.  You have to yank out the roots of sugar addiction.   There will be some inevitable rough patches but the entirety of life is just too important to go through the rest of your days fighting sugar withdrawal every other month or so.

Archived