What's your favorite cauliflower recipe?

SusanB.

Good side for Mexican-ish dishes - easy if you've done your "prepping" HW :)

Heat some oil in a pan and toss in some frozen onions and let them brown up a bit

Toss in the riced cauliflower (that you keep in the freezer :) )

Add some lime juice

Add some cilantro (purchased fresh, then put in the freezer, mostly for this recipe)

S&P to taste

Cilantro-lime cauliflower rice.  Some house guests have actually preferred this over the rice version!

I did this last night! Put it under a Nom Nom Paleo chicken dish with some compliant salsa.

It was right on point - thank you!

Next time, I might try shallot, because the sweet onions I had in the house gave the whole thing a sweetish taste that I think it might be better without? But it was still super-good. Unexpected dinner company was impressed, even.

There's a thing I've been dying to dry, in which you roast an entire (whole) head of cauliflower that has been coated/glazed/basted with some kind of sauce/spice blend.  I'm feeling lazy about Google right now, but it seemed absolutely majestic.  Anyone ever try this?

I like cauliflower - but I usually roast it with olive oil and salt. Gets boring.

Anybody want to help me out of this rut? Recipes that don't take a long time to prep are ideal, since my time between coming home from work-eating-bedtime is pretty short.

Just add CURRY to that olive oil...it's fantastic! Also, I roast it, covered with heavy duty foil, at a very high 500° for 12 min. Remove the foil and stir and continue roasting, without the foil, for another 3 -5 minutes...to die for!

Archived