Weird Salty Aftertaste in my Mouth

So I'm on day 3 of my Whole30 and feel really good so far - the first two days were rough but I'm starting to feel better.

The only thing is after lunch the past two days my mouth has had a horrible aftertaste of salt. I'm drinking plenty of water - so what else could it be?

• Moderators

What kinds of things have you been eating? Specifically, have you been including starchy veggies at least once each day? If you go too low carb, you can go into ketosis, which can cause you to have a weird taste that lingers in your mouth -- it's usually described as metallic. I wouldn't think three days would be long enough for that to happen, but it's possible. (Just to note, this isn't dangerous, and some people purposely try to get into ketosis by cutting their carbs down as much as possible, but it isn't necessary or even particularly recommended on Whole30.)

I have the WORST metallic taste in my mouth. I have had it for 2 days. (I just posted about it then came across this post!) Mine is so bad, I can hardly drink water. (Not pregnant, not dental issues, no sinus infection.) Really hoping it passes soon, cause this girl is HANGRY!

I have the WORST metallic taste in my mouth. I have had it for 2 days. (I just posted about it then came across this post!) Mine is so bad, I can hardly drink water. (Not pregnant, not dental issues, no sinus infection.) Really hoping it passes soon, cause this girl is HANGRY!

There is no reason to be hungry on a Whole30. My concern is that you're not eating enough.

Can you post 2-3 days worth of your food log? Folks here can review to see if you're on the right track and make suggested tweaks.

Archived