HELP…don't know what to do!

opt-out

I came home to make my W30 compliant lunch and when I walked up to the house it smelled like gas, and the guys that are building a fence in the backyard hit the gas line!  Whoa! Didn't see that one coming! All my appliances are gas, so I can't cook.  I can't even heat up water!  For lunch I ate an avocado and a few dates.  I won't be able to cook until tomorrow afternoon or maybe even Thursday.  

Does anyone have any ideas?

We will probably go to Chipotle for dinner…I think they have some compliant stuff.

• Moderators

Microwave? Crock pot?

Sardines with sauerkraut is always my emergency go-to. Other canned fish plus raw veggies and some nuts or olives or avocados would do, too. 

Hope you have access to your stove again soon!

We will probably go to Chipotle for dinner…I think they have some compliant stuff.

Yikes - how scary about the gas line!

For Chipotle, the compliant options are the carnitas, guacamole and non-corn salsas (everything else is either non-compliant outright or cooked in a non-compliant oil).

If you'd like to see more details, visit here: http://www.chipotle.com/en-us/menu/ingredients_statement/ingredients_statement.aspx

I don't have a microwave, or a George Foreman. My husband and I are allergic to eggs :(.  My outside grill has about a foot of snow on it.  I do have a crockpot, all my meat is frozen (we buy 1/2 grass fed cow at a time) but thats a possibility.  Crockpot is a great idea!!!  Sardines with sauerkraut? Interesting.  I like sardines on salad.  And I have home fermented sauerkraut in the fridge.  A salad with sardines and sauerkraut would work for tonight.

Good ideas!  Thanks everyone so much.  I just felt hungry and overwhelmed when I got home!  It's strange how my first thought was to just give up on the W30.  I wonder why that was my first thought? I think I'm learning a lot from this experience about my food choices and about how stress impacts my cravings (which are off the charts right now) and me just quickly giving up on the healthiest food choices.  It happens when I travel or take road trips too.

Depends on what you are cooking I think, but I've skipped the thawing part more than once without problems. You might have more liquid. I would only do this if you are cooking on low. But if you have say a beef roast you can just stick it in there with a can of tomatoes and some spices and cook on low for 8-10 hours and it should come out just fine.

Also if you do want to defrost I put my meat in a container of cold water (large enough to cover) and it thaws really quickly that way - usually 2-3 hours depending on how big. 

When Chipotle was mentioned, it made me think if there is a list available of compliant meals at various restaurants. Does anyone know if there is one? That would be very helpful. Someone is leaving work in the next few weeks and I know I will be going out to eat. It would be good to know some places to suggest. I don't eat out a lot for financial reasons so I am not sure what many places have.

Have a great day!

sandrany, I think that would be tough for the same reasons that it's tough to recommend specific brands of products in the grocery store.  We've seen a lot of variation across the country: brand/label in one store is compliant, the same brand/label in another store has a non-compliant ingredient.  Kind of frustrating. Gaah.gif

Archived