day 6 enough with the food dreams for crying out loud :P

meshello

day 6

i woke up today from a dream where i was eating popcorn, i knew i shouldn't be eating it and so i was eating it extra vigorously. The moment i woke up i had that feeling that i had once again blown the program and would have to start over and in the moment that existed between my dreamworld and the moment that i realize it was only a dream…I SWEAR  that i could feel popcorn in my teeth… actually sat in bed wondering why i had popcorn in my teeth.

wow

i mean just

wow

so, today is day 6, i ate a small breakfast of one egg a little chicken and some veggies and rushed out the door to drop my daughter off at school.  I had the dog with me and decided to try a new hike that i knew not much about…well an hour into the hike i realized that i was in trouble, i didn't have any water and was only half way through the hike AND my breakfast had been walked off, i was famished!

i got home and started some slow cooker beef stew with the home made beef stock i made and then ate a salad of sunflower and radish sprouts, avocado, olives, cucumber, tomato and a little chicken drumstick from last night.

and now 2 hours to go til dinner and i am STARVING, i already ate a handful of carrots and drank some kombucha hoping to fill the void, but nope i am ravenous and just have to wait until dinner….

wish i had some of that popcorn right about now ;)

@TomDenham

i wasn't intending to report fully on the amount of food i have been eating in this post, it was meant to be humorous

for breakfast i had a cup of coffee with coconut milk in it

also 4 mushrooms, 1 entire zucchini, some spinach, 1/2 a bell pepper, one egg and 3 oz of chicken leg meat

for lunch a GIGANTIC salad of sunflower and radish sprouts, tomatoes, potatoes, olives, avocado, a chicken drumstick, cucumbers, an apple with sunflower seed butter

i also had a glass of kombucha and a mug of bone broth.

and yes i was hungry before dinner

i had a large bowl of beef stew made with my home made bone stock, complete with potatoes, carrots, collards, green peppers, and onions.

i feel very strongly that i am serious about the whole30 and eating a sufficient amount, i have been exercising a lot the last few days though and may need to adjust for the calories i am burning.

i hope you are having a great evening, thank you for taking the time to respond.

• Moderators

You may not want to hear this, but I agree that your meals are especially light on protein. Please take a look at the template guide Tom linked. The meat on one chicken drumstick might be 1/4-1/3 the amount of protein you need in a single meal, for example. 

In order to do this program--and yourself--justice, consider letting go of the calories in calories out and measuring and weighing mentality. It's whole heartedly contrary to the wisdom of Whole 30. You must feed the machine. Nourish yourself. That is the point.

All of this is offered in a spirit of kindness and helpfulness, not admonishment, I promise!

Best of luck!

Do you have issues with your blood sugar? Going on a hike, I mean a real hike, can be a serious workout, and you keep on burning energy even after your workout so next time take something with you when you leave the house, in case your blood sugar drops. Also kombucha, sorry to say, while approved on whole30, makes your blood sugar rise, and it may come tumbling down faster than if you were to eat something like a boiled egg, or other protein. When I am famished, I usually was low on the fat intake, so you may wanna tweak it that way.

I find filling up with the veggies helps with the extra fat/protein.  I mean like filling the plate or salad bowl on top of the meal.  If I add 1/3-1/2 sweet potato with a few beets totally helps also.  For breakfast I like 2-3 eggs scrambled in coconut oil, wilted spinach (with splash of fresh lemon) and the sweet potato/beet combo.  It's pretty and satisfying and keeps me going till lunch, even after a workout.  

Archived