What does an average palm serving of protein weigh?

Agirloverseas

Hi, i'm day 2 and enjoying it so far but thinking i am not eating enough protein. I've read through a bunch of forum entries and can see that i am not eating enough eggs as i'm only doing 1-2 per meal vs 2-3 as i can clearly fit 3 in my palm. But what I really want to know is what a palm serving of protein weighs on average? Now i know everyone's palm is different and different meat weights differ e.g crab meat vs lamb chop but is there an estimated average for a 5"5 female? I just need a guide to work off. Thanks

Your guide is your palm and satiation.

Look at the length, width and thickness of your palm. That's one palm. Start there, and tweak your protein, veg and fat portions as needed until your meals satiate you for 4-5 hours.

Guest Andria

Nope, no weighing of food.  Dallas and Melissa specifically avoid making any recommendations pertaining to measuring (other than the 1-3 cups of veg recommendation) and weighing food, because too many people are stuck in weighing/measuring/calorie counting ruts.  As for your palm measurement it would be the width and thickness of your palm.  You can have 1-2 palms of protein per meal, so increase if you don't feel that one palm is enough.

GFChris, when you talk about adjusting portions to be satiated for 4-5 hours, what would you adjust first? Protein, veggies or fat?

I wouldn't say one size fits all in this case: it depends on your current portion sizes.  

If you're only currently having one palm of protein, up to 2. If you're only having 1 cup of veggies per meal, add another cup. If you're only having 1/2 an avocado for a fat, have the whole avocado.

Play with the increments until you get satiated.

Archived