Mayo

zBeverly

I was intrigued with the challenge of making mayonaise (I did it as a girl once), so I made it and passed.  Then I realized, I really don't use mayo in my non-W30 life so I'm wondering what I can do with it?  I'm thinking a chicken salad and deviled eggs but other than that....  What do you think is the best uses of mayo?

Thanks!

I use mayo for chicken salad and add curry powder, a little ground mustard, shredded carrot, and shreded apple. It's one of my favorite foods.

Add other things to your mayo to turn it into different sauces and dips. Add tomato paste or fresh herbs or some extra citrus juice or vinegar. Use it to dip meatballs, hardboiled eggs, or other protein.

And I agree, prior to paleo and Whole30, I didn't understand the hype about mayo. Now that I've made it at home, I love it.

I made it perfectly on my first attempt during my first W30 and used it once.  Mayo is something I use when I eat a sandwich.  Obviously I'm not eating sandwiches on W30.  I might make it again in an attempt at tuna salad but will wait and see if I feel the need.  I like my tuna with vinegar and EVOO.

My favorite grill night side dish is sweet potato salad. Made just like potato salad, but with sweet potatoes instead. I use red onion, celery, minced jalapeño, and cilantro tossed in a dressing of homemade mayo, garlic, lime juice, cumin, chipotle powder, salt and pepper. Itis always a huge hit among paleo and non Paleo guests.

Now that white potatoes are allowed you could do a mix, or even just use white potatoes instead.

I made the homemade mayo and then made the awseome sauce and the southwest cumin lime dessing out of the homemade mayo. Both receipes are from the clothesmakethegirl website. The awesome sauce is more than awesome, my husband and I love it! (and he is not following whole30). We have drizzled it on squash and meat and I used the southwest cumin lime dressing on my lettuce salad last night. Many options for the awesome sauce! Good luck! 

• Administrators

Oh, Santip, that is one of my FAVOURITES!  I've actually revised it slightly since discovering that I don't care for spaghetti squash.  I use chopped up zucchini that I cook in the frying pan after the chicken is done and serve it more like a "casserole" than a noodles and sauce dish.  SO good.  I'm on a mayo-embargo for this Whole30 or I think I'd be making that tomorrow.  I wonder if the same could be achieved with coconut milk and the Frank's and just cook it down further.  I shall try!

Archived