What's for lunch

maryannet

Leftovers; always cook extra dinner for the next day's meal. Also wraps can be thrown together if you do the prep the day before. Sub the tortilla for lettuce (butter or romaine), then pile on sliced avo, shredded carrots, zucc, peppers, meat, and your choice of whole30 spreads (homemade mayo is so versatile).

Not sure what I will have today, but one of my faves is to make a salad, top with a few sliced hard-boiled eggs, some crispy prosciutto (I just cook it for a minute on a microwave plate and then crumble it), and a dressing made from TJ's olive tapenade and some apple cider vinegar. It's pretty basic and I know it's a salad, but somehow feels like a treat with a generous serving of the olive tapenade and the crunchy prosciutto.

My breakfast this morning was sauteed spinach topped with grass fed beef and TJ's marinara. Super easy and tasty too.

Steamed cabbage with a little unsweetened applesauce and a dash of cinnamon mixed in plus some chicken and apple sausage is another favorite combo for breakfast, lunch or dinner.

Good luck coming up with some new lunch ideas. Check some food logs and see what others are eating. That always gives me inspiration. :)

I am a huge leftovers person. Salads just don't do it for me unless it's leftover taco salad or something equally as lucious. From the first week of my first Whole30 which was 8/1/2011, I started cooking extra for dinner to have for lunch the next day. Last night, I made stuffed zucc with grass fed ground beef, onions, peppers and homemade marinara sauce (Rao's recipe..the best). I added a little coconut cream since I figured I may miss the richness of the cheese and they turned out GREAT! I made 4 extra halves so daughter and I had an easy lunch to heat in the MW.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm big on leftovers too! Last week, I took a note from the email that mentioned having some "quick & easy" meals ideas on the fridge. I wrote down 3 ideas, & have been stuck on the best one. I made eggs w/blk olives & sundried tomatoes-it's basically a pantry meal! I had that the first night, with enough for leftovers. Later in the week, I used the same flavor combo with sliced chicken breast, & ate that using romaine lettuce leaves for wraps. Topped w/avocado & onion-great crunch. I also made a cuke/tomato/onion salad on the side. So good. made it a third time with shrimp to have lettuce wrap tacos w/my hubs tonight.

Even if those flavors don't work for you, I think the 3 go-to's are good to have!

I'm big on leftovers too! Last week, I took a note from the email that mentioned having some "quick & easy" meals ideas on the fridge. I wrote down 3 ideas, & have been stuck on the best one. I made eggs w/blk olives & sundried tomatoes-it's basically a pantry meal! I had that the first night, with enough for leftovers. Later in the week, I used the same flavor combo with sliced chicken breast, & ate that as "tacos" using romaine lettuce leaves for the shells! Topped w/avocado & onion-great crunch. I also made a cuke/tomato/onion salad on the side. So good. made it a third time with shrimp to have lettuce wrap tacos w/my hubs tonight.

Even if those flavors don't work for you, I think the 3 go-to's are good to have!

Those are great ideas. I'm looking forward to getting the Whole30 Daily emails...I originally planned on starting on 9/4, so I'm not getting the emails yet. Can't figure out how to change the date.

Archived