Benefits already? Can someone confirm?

RiverCoyote

I am day 7 but was 2 years primal and completely grain, legume, alcohol free. I also did not eat sugar but allowed it in small amounts tsp or less in a sauce or something. My Whole 30 is losing the dairy, artificial sweeteners, artificial ingredients and all added sugar. So I think I'm detoxing a lot less than others. I'm also adding organic pastured meats as my main protein source and eating three meals a day. the past three days I have had great energy, and almost NO hunger at lunch or dinner. I've also sleeping very deeply last two days. Confirmed by my fitbit flex tracker! My question is, can I be experiencing some benefits this early? Day 7 because I was already eating pretty well? Particularly is this deeper more restful sleep and no hunger 6 hours or more between meals something that happens? I want to hear more about what to expect? Thanks for confirming and sharing the good things that are coming.

Hi RiverCoyote;

I think you can be experiencing the benefits already... I am also on Day 7; I have been busy through the day today (energy - yay!)and just realized I haven't eaten lunch yet - at 4:30 my time!!  Now I know we're not supposed to skip meals, but I'm absolutely thrilled with this because I never had food cravings today - that's like a miracle for me.  Usually I'm looking for, or at least thinking about something to eat every few minutes....  Also, I had the loveliest, coziest, sleep last night that I've had in a long time....  Woohoo!!  It's working!!!

• Administrators

Absolutely no reason why not!  Everyone reacts differently from the addition of lots of good protein, veggies and fats so there is no reason to believe your reaction isn't an early great one! And even if it is a placebo effect, who cares, you're feeling good!

Whole30 on!

Thanks everyone! It hasn't been totally perfect as my body adjusts to eating more veggies than before. Before whole 30 I was having meat and a serving of veggies with lunch and dinner and now I'm having two servings at all three meals. I guess my gut flora is adjusting. That should go away soon. But The appetite shift is amazing. I ate breakfast at 9 am and still wasn't hungry at 3:30 when I finally ate lunch. Same with dinner. I'm just eating for the protein and because we shouldn't skip meals....but I'm totally satiated. Pretty cool. Hope that lasts! Blessings for a great Whole 30

Thanks everyone! It hasn't been totally perfect as my body adjusts to eating more veggies than before. Before whole 30 I was having meat and a serving of veggies with lunch and dinner and now I'm having two servings at all three meals. I guess my gut flora is adjusting. That should go away soon. But The appetite shift is amazing. I ate breakfast at 9 am and still wasn't hungry at 3:30 when I finally ate lunch. Same with dinner. I'm just eating for the protein and because we shouldn't skip meals....but I'm totally satiated. Pretty cool. Hope that lasts! Blessings for a great Whole 30

This is day 7 for me as well, and I'm noticing benefits already too. I think some people miss the early improvements because they are so focused on the unpleasant detox symptoms. If you look past those, though, you'll find that there are small miracles already taking place. By day three, a minor infection that I had lingering for a while all but disappeared. The bacteria no longer had sugar to feed on, so it died out. My skin is also much clearer than it was last week, and dare I say more youthful...probably from all of the collagen-rich bone broth.

I say hats off to those who can see the silver lining through the rough start of the whole30!

Archived