trying Whole30 in switzerland

Jonkit

Hey There

I live in switzerland. And I started my whole30 a week ago. And after a lot of reaserach I finally found bacon with no sugar in it( well,on the Ingredient list is no sugar, so I hope I can trust them). But I would love to make self made mayo.So far I used usual oliveoil. But the taste is way to heavy so I don't really like it. And I cannot find a store where they sell extra light olive oil. Does anyone has some ideas what I can do now...?? Please Help!:)

• Moderators

Extra virgin olive oil is too bitter in mayo. If you can't find light olive oil - cheaper than EVOO, you could use macadamia nut oil or avocado oil. Avocado oil makes a mayo with a greenish tint of color, but it tastes good. Macadamia nut oil can be expensive, but it makes a good mayo. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! I'm also in Switzerland, trying this for the first time. (And yes, I also found Coop Bio Naturafarm bacon, and yes, my husband and I had a fight the other day when I asked him to get some and he came home with another brand.  :) )

I haven't tried making mayonnaise yet (since I never liked normal mayonnaise) but just wanted to say that there is a useful website called SwissPaleo that I found a couple of weeks ago, that has a good "Where do I get...?" list. Thanks to this I know I just have to shake my fist at any recipe that calls for coconut aminos. Or fish sauce. Which is about...half of them?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Coop and Migros have both the light version of olive oil I use for mayo. Coop calls theirs "mild" and Migros' name I done remember. Lidl seeks sugared free smoked salmon, Parma ham, some bio veggies, and bio eggs. If you need anything else, let me know. I have been doing this since June last year.

Archived