Another newbie here...starting on 26Aug

bestrick

A friend mentioned the Whole30 to me a while back and I've been reading and attempting to get my head around all that I need to do to make this work. I am a bit overwhelmed with attempting to meal plan and making sure I stick with this. I am quite overweight and need to loose 85-100 pounds. I am hoping that this will help clear up some ongoing GI issues I've experienced ever since college. I've devoured ISWF and Well Fed. I've tried to glean all the little tid bits possible to help me get through this. I know I need to change my lifestyle. I'm really hoping this will be the kick in the butt that I need to get and STAY on track to a healthier and happier life.

Any bits of advice or tips would be so very welcome!

~B.

Welcome!

I think the best advice I can give you is to have lots of food on hand prepped and ready to eat. And then look at it one day at a time.

Use this forum as much as possible. The support is amazing and the hints are abundant.

There are many ups and downs and the overall benefit to your health is a major up and so very worth all of the downs.

And like they say in the book... if after the 30 days you don't feel better you can go back to the way you ate before. But I am pretty sure you will feel great!

Good luck.

I am on my Day 10 and I feel your post is pretty much my same situation. I feel fantastic and have been making food choices that were very basic and simple. This kept my decision to go Whole 30 simpler. I am here if you need to chat about anything I have tried. I am so excited about the way I feel around food and the control is amazing... Quite frankly, unheard of! Grab protein first and fill in with veggies. I had broccoli, onions, carrots and lettuce as my staples. Now... On day 10, squash, cucumber, cabbage, peppers, cauliflower and tomatoes have jumped into the mix. Fruit was a sugar craving but I used it for the first couple of days... Mainly grapes, cantaloupe and strawberries. Love my lifeand I am sure you will love it...

Thank you so very much for your tips! I'm heading grocery shopping tomorrow and am hoping to find all the needed basics that I'm not used to (coconut aminos, coconut oil, etc) at Whole Foods. From what I understand that shouldn't be a problem. I figure I'll prep the food tomorrow as well so that I'll be good to go Sunday morning. Gulp!

Archived