Starting my Whole30 on January 12. Excited!

shonnapdx

I'm ready to do this! The book was such an eye-opener for me, particularly the blood sugar regulation, as well as inflammation topics.

Been practicing eating this way for a few weeks now, but allowing some cheats. Excited to start for real on Jan 12. I think the key for me (and probably most people) is going to be the planning and prep part. I know if I let myself get too hungry, I seek out bad food (hamburgers & fries, pizza etc). So, having a few items to choose from, or knowing exactly what I'll be eating and when, will be the only way I'll be able to do this!

I'm starting officially on Monday also! I've been trying to cut down on grains and sugar this week in hopes that it's easier to transition. Hubby and I are doing this together and I was so on board while reading the book...but after a few days of not having treats, I'm unsure of my ability to stay strong! It feels very overwhelming to plan, but I'm sure once we get into it after a few days, it will be easier. Best of luck to you!

Also starting on Monday, January 12.  Gave up coffee on New Year's Eve because I can't imagine drinking it black. I'd rather not have it than have it without cream and sugar! Also gave up candy that day (I have a wicked sweet tooth), but I did eat one caramel today, sort of a going-away splurge in anticipation of starting the real deal tomorrow. Looking forward to interacting, supporting, and receiving support!

Hi all- would love to follow along here.  My start date is tomorrow as well, my 1st official Whole 30.  I also have been 'practicing' some, cut out the sugar and artificial sweeteners in my coffee, etc.  Ready for the real deal now.

I started my first Whole30 yesterday too! Looking for a good group to keep up with. I am definitely a full blown caffeine addict, so I've been feeling the effects of cutting down! But I need to do this so I'm excited for the freedom it will bring me. How is everyone doing on day 2?!

Archived