Sign in to follow this  
Jahlv

1st whole30, experiencing severe ear ringing

My husband and I are on day 8 of our first whole30. For the past 2 days he has been experiencing severe ear ringing. He has experienced tinnitus in the past, but never like this. Could this be from his body detoxing? Any suggestions or recommendations?

for tinnitus (rining in the ear), go see an ENT (specifically otologist) or an audiologist. Your hearing in both ears should be assessed followed by case history and discussion of tinnitus, etc as many different things can contriburte to its presnece (noise exposure, medications, diet, ear-related issues, etc).

Darn it. I saw this was all excited because I have also been having some ringing in my ears, not severe, but more than I ever have before. I'm on day 9 and I first noticed it a couple days ago.

However I'm not worried, I only notice it once or twice a day, and I totally chalked mine up to detox issues. 

I have been eating clean on and off for a year and have had a terrible run with tinnitus/vertigo. I had a feeling it was related to my diet. It went away recently when I was back to eating grains and sugar but now that I am eating clean the tinnitus is coming back so I am SURE it is diet related. If anyone has any insight please let me know. I read some where I should take a vitamin supplement so will do starting tomorrow!

I was hoping to read stories of how the Whole30 has improved people’s tinnitus... not made it worse!! I was considering starting another Whole30 cycle, figuring that getting back to an anti inflammatory diet might improve the symptoms. Many recommendations for tinnitus include dietary improvements that seem to overlap with the Whole30. Any more comments would be greatly appreciated.

I am on Day 8 and the ringing has increased the last few days.  I have always had tinnitus but this is a different pitch and louder. Any suggestions? I am reading other post and the common denominator is Day 8.  Just wondering if it improved for anyone.