Starting my W30 on 8/25

invysybella

Starting my W30 on 8.25 -- VERY excited. I don't eat much wheat, grains or sugar to start - so hopefully it won't be too big of a shock to the system. Giving up my beloved cheese and greek yogurt, however... I weep. I have 80 pounds to lose (I'm 48, female) and need to get back to the warrior princess I used to be. :)

invysybella

Looks like (unless I get a lot of dissension from others here, due to my start timing issues - see post) I will be starting on Saturday as well. I plan to spend the day at our local farmers market, the health food store downtown, my local grocery store and my neighbour's butcher shop.

Cleaned out the pantry today and have one small shelf of "approved" stuff compared to the 7 shelves of un-approved food. Shopping and keeping a well stocked fridge/pantry will be key.

My kids and wife will do some of the same food but much of what they eat will be different. A few more challenges with boxes of cookies laying around but I am up for it. Cheese will be a tough on for me too and for me cream in my coffee. Also Whey protein smoothie in the AM, but we won't know the effects until we baseline to the core food. Should be fun!

Congrats on making the plunge to Whole30!!!

Cheers

DJ

Archived