Any Vegetarians doing the "real" Whole30

Kaminoge

I am doing the Whole 30 as a vegan.  I'm a long time vegan, and I think the challenge will be the grains more than anything else.  I'm confident in my game plan though, and am looking forward to it very much.

I do use organic sprouted tofu because like jjo - I'll get sick of lentils very quickly!

Good luck to everyone!

• 5 weeks later...

Hello! I am a vegetarian but I do plan to do my first Whole30 WITH meat. Just as an experiement. However, I am going to try my hardest to find locally sourced meat, as I am against eating meat for ethical reasons relating to the meat industry. I live in a rural area where a lot of people raise their own animals, so I don't think it should be *too* difficult....

• Administrators

Hello! I am a vegetarian but I do plan to do my first Whole30 WITH meat. Just as an experiement. However, I am going to try my hardest to find locally sourced meat, as I am against eating meat for ethical reasons relating to the meat industry. I live in a rural area where a lot of people raise their own animals, so I don't think it should be *too* difficult....

You might consider adding a digestive enzyme to your routine if you are a vegetarian at the moment and going to add three meals a day of meat and eggs.  

• 2 weeks later...

I am exploring this plan as well. I eat eggs and fish, but no meat, and I am wondering if these restrictions will make it difficult for me to follow. I don't want to set myself up for failure, but I've tried just about every other diet out there and continue to struggle. The only grain I ever routinely eat is oats, but I'm certainly willing to set them aside for a month. i will probably miss rice and beans!

Are there other "fishetarians" out there on this plan?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived