Planning Stages - Starting February 9, 2015

CraftiAndi

My name is Andrea. I'm over 40, a single mom, have allergies, asthma, osteo-arthritis, reflux, and struggle with apathy and depression, and am about 200 lbs overweight.

I recently found out about the Whole30 from my nieces. I know the philosophy is to 'Start Right Now', but my body (and therefore my 'willpower' and impulse control) are long abused and sorely out of shape.

I have chosen to take the time to read the whole book, and plan the entire month before our family starts our Whole30. I can't have ANYTHING in the house that is off-plan, mostly because of my severely ADHD 9-year-old, but for myself as well. So we're taking the time to make him understand the process before we start, and to purge the 'drug food'! I have to have a plan for every single day, or I will very easily give in when it gets hard.

Our start date is February 9 - the Monday following his 10th birthday! Our Whole30 will start and end right between his birthday and mine! I'm pretty confident that it's going to be a wonderful gift for both of us!

Good for you! Planning is the most important part. The hubby and I are starting our 2nd Whole30 on Tuesday. Just made our menu and shopping list for the week. I have found that the cookbooks "Well Fed" and "Well Fed 2" have been a huge help in finding meals that are yummy, easy to fix and Whole30 compliant. NomNom Paleo is another good resource.

Good luck!!

Archived