Progress Pictures

I know that weighing and measuring is out during Whole30. What about taking pictures to show progress during the 30 days? I've seen a lot of folks posting such pictures on a weekly basis, on Instagram and the like. You can really *see* the difference after a week, 2 weeks, etc... so to me it's pretty motivating, but is it following both the letter and the spirit of the rules? Thansk!

It's not against the rules. I personally don't see anything wrong with it, since one metric that's deemed okay is how we look in the mirror. This doesn't strike me as fundamentally different. But I'm hoping others chime in.

Don't set too much hope on changing very quickly, though. Yes, some experience dramatic changes, but for others, change may be so gradual that they're not that perceptible from week to week.

• Administrators

You want to stay off the scales and tape measures because they give you numbers that are a very small indicator of what is happening in your body and so many people bank their value and happiness on the numbers.

The pictures could show anything from lightness and sparkle in your eyes to glossier hair, glowing skin, looser clothing, reduced puffiness, confidence, well restedness and a whole host of other markers that have nothing to do with your size or weight.  

I think this is a context thing again, if you are going to take the picture and then spend 5 hours picking it apart and telling yourself why you aren't good enough or pretty enough or valuable enough then no, don't take the photo.  

Archived