Staff Party

smallpeach

Is it going to be a sit down meal or a buffet style meal? Is there any way to persuade a change of venue? If so come with suggestions. You can call the restaurant and explain your restrictions and see if there is anything they can make for you. Or you can just eat before you go and enjoy conversation and a compliant beverage during dinner. 

• Administrators

have a hamburger with out a bun and as if I can have some vegetables.  

I recommend that you call ahead and find out if they use any filler in their patties (breadcrumbs, oats, rice flour etc) and what fat they cook the hamburger in.  There are only a couple cooking oils that are approved for restaurant eating on the Whole30.

Thank you everyone!!!!

Miss Mary-They had salad but sadly I don't like salad.  That is what I meant.

Ok, you might want to rethink this "I don't like salad" thing. There are lots of possibilities for salad, and I'm pretty sure if you tried you would be able to find one you like.

I've yet to come across a restaurant that doesn't let me bring my own food. I pack a complaint meal in a tupperware that I pull out when the other plates are served. Many times my mates think my food looks better than theirs! :P Am I the only person who does this?! I don't see it mentioned very often.

Lucie,  I've never heard of anyone allowing you to bring in food.    Restaurants here (far and few between) won't allow you to bring in your own sodas or energy drinks.  Might be spiked (no liquor license, etc.).  I do believe there are health dept. food ordinances that prevent people from bringing in their own food/drinks.   The only thing I can think of is mothers with cheerios in their purse for littles.  

How 'bout Miss Mary's idea.   Order that salad and add some sort of protein on it. 

I've done it here in Portland, Oregon.  Granted, the Portland area is pretty casual in general, and it wasn't a fancy restaurant (a sports bar).  But I called ahead to be sure it was okay, and they said no prob!  

Archived