Yet another Poo question

Ok apologies in advance. I am on Day16 of my second Whole30. I haven't had a normal movement since the 2 day. I am always very regular (every morning) but the last 14 days it is an emergent need (like if I don't find a bathroom in 2 mins there will be problems), really loose, and 2-3 times a day. No cramps or anything just really not normal for me. What gives? 

I don't know what you'd call "extreme gastric difficulties," but I'm in a very similar boat.  I'm only on day three though.  My stool is not just urgent, but also liquid, dark, and very frequent.  I'm running to the bathroom a couple of times every hour.  I'm getting somewhat concerned, and I don't have sweet potatoes or chicken broth that I've seen recommended on here.  I guess what's worrying me the most (other than the prospect of needing a change of pants at work!) is that everyone else I've seen posting this particular problem is on day 10, 16, 28... etc.  The biggest difference in my diet (I eat pretty clean as it is) is no coffee.  I'm usually a pot a day drinker.  I would think cutting that out, along with the stevia and creamer, would decrease my bowel movements, rather than increase them.

I struggled with frequent, urgent, sometimes painful "loose" BMs during my first whole30, like several times a day for 2 weeks and it was no fun.  I was anxious about leaving the house or office because I didn't have access to a bathroom. This time around, based on my symptoms (floating stool, undigested food, nausea after eating, dizzy/lightheaded etc) I chose to supplement with digestive enzymes at each meal and reduce nuts and extra fat intake.  No major issues round 2!! Still the normal bloat, mild issues during the first week or so as my system worked out the holiday junk, but I'm on Day 12 and have as normal BMs as I could ask for!  This may not be your answer, but after looking through the forum and considering all my symptoms, I found what worked best for my body.  

Good lucky! I know i'ts no fun but it will get better!

I have the oppestie affect. I have a BM every other day I feel, to where I was every day. Which has been worring myself. But I've also be really gassy LOL. I've been eatting tons of veggies. More veggies than meat I feel. I should mention i'm on day 13, Dont know if anyone has had the smae affect or any input.

• Administrators

I have the oppestie affect. I have a BM every other day I feel, to where I was every day. Which has been worring myself. But I've also be really gassy LOL. I've been eatting tons of veggies. More veggies than meat I feel. I should mention i'm on day 13, Dont know if anyone has had the smae affect or any input.

HI Ambie, you can try posting a few days worth of your meals if you like.  Some veggies are harder on the stomach than others. Some common irritants are garlic and onions (gassy) and raw cruciferous veggies like cauli, cabbage and broccoli.

Thanks for the responses. Day 19 and its becoming a little better as for as the urgency but still bad consistency.  Hopefully it will even out as I am going for a Whole90.  

Have you tried digestive enzymes and probiotics?  Be sure to check ingredients.

• 3 weeks later...

I struggled with frequent, urgent, sometimes painful "loose" BMs during my first whole30, like several times a day for 2 weeks and it was no fun.  I was anxious about leaving the house or office because I didn't have access to a bathroom. This time around, based on my symptoms (floating stool, undigested food, nausea after eating, dizzy/lightheaded etc) I chose to supplement with digestive enzymes at each meal and reduce nuts and extra fat intake.  No major issues round 2!! Still the normal bloat, mild issues during the first week or so as my system worked out the holiday junk, but I'm on Day 12 and have as normal BMs as I could ask for!  This may not be your answer, but after looking through the forum and considering all my symptoms, I found what worked best for my body.  

Good lucky! I know i'ts no fun but it will get better!

I've had similar issues described by most folks here, especially yours, Sarah Jane. Except oddly enough my BMs were greatly improved the first two weeks, then the latter half of my W30 (recently completed) they became loose and uncomfortable and incomplete. I recently added enzymes and reducing nuts seems to help some but I have thought about reducing my fat intake as well. What would you say your daily fat intake looks like? Some days it seems like all I can tolerate is a tiny bit of fat for cooking (if that) or I'm running to the bathroom in the middle of a meal :o

I'm giving this a shot and posting in this thread. I completed the Whole 30 and now i'm on day 36. I have had loose stools for pretty much the entire time. Is this normal? I have loved what the whole 30 has done for my skin, eating disorder issues and generally everything else. I'm just a little concerned about he bathroom problems.

I also tried introducing some non compliant things back into my diet and get really nauseous (i.e) I ate a Quest protein bar for breakfast this a.m for convenience and got extremely sick to my stomach. I'm just curious if these things are normal seeing it that this is the first time I completed the entire whole 30.

Thanks in advance!

Archived