Anyone starting soon? January 20th or after.

Tina Beshears

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Group name and all those things? Not really... Honestly, I'm more into staying here and chatting with all the lovely people instead of moving to FB as this is great way of supporting each other.

You can always 'visit' my topic and see what's cooking there.

The first day has been an easy one, thanks!

Good luck with your start! :)

Hi Nicoleadd,

You can do this!  Don't think about what you can't have.  Tell yourself that it's not that you can't ever have it again, just say you're not going to eat it today.  Then do it again the next day.

Good luck tomorrow.  Let us know how you're doing.

SuperHope,

How's it going for you?

Yes! I'm starting tomorrow (Jan 20th) and I'm so excited! I'm doing the vegan/vegetarian version. I had cut out grains starting last Wednesday (Jan 14), due to some health issues I was having with joint pain & stiffness. Already I'm seeing an improvement with that. Looking forward to a new way of eating, and am feeling a big difference with my blood sugar being much more stabilized. Yay!!!

Hey Tina!

I'm also starting tomorrow as well, so you're definitely not alone. I'm actually kind of new to the forum, even though I made an account a long time ago, this is my first time really reaching out using this as a means of support for myself and supporting others as best as I can.

I did the Whole30 in Oct. last year, but I made it to about Day 24 and then had to go away on a stressful business trip that weekend. Even though I didn't deviate from the food list, my sleep was off, I was eating tons of dried fruit, and snacky things versus feeling stable with wholesome meals I was making the entire time during the challenge, so I just felt like I ended it crapily...even though I didn't technically eat non-compliant food. 

Anyway, this is my second time and I'm really putting all of my eggs into this Whole30 basket, because I'm desperate for healing (mentally), for change, for freedom, for optimal health. 

Hope we can keep this up together!

I am starting tomorrow January 20th.  My first time on this program and I am desperate to stick to it!  I tend to stick to a diet for a week or two then tumble off the wagon.  Need to lost about 10 lbs but more so just want to feel better.  These up and downs are killing me. 

Good one! I want to try to make clarified ghee on this challenge as well. 

I'm planning on having a veggie omelet in the morning with avocado, and maybe extra veg on the side (trying to have mostly green veg. versus fruit on this challenge); lunch will be salad from a yummy place here that uses local ingredients :) and dinner will be this spicy marinara chicken dish by Melissa Joulwan in her cookbook Well Fed

You should look up some recipes to get yourself inspired! Some of my favorites are Nom Nom Paleo (Michelle Tam), paleomg.com, paleocupboard.com, Primal Palate, and Against The Grain (Danielle Walker). 

What are you having to eat tomorrow?

Also, since one of my aesthetic goals on this challenge is weight loss, I will be eating mostly vegetables (mostly green veg.) 99% of the time, and little to no fruit. I don't want to put myself in tight restraints with this, but I know I don't want to have more than one serving of fruit a day, or maybe even every other day, or maybe one week on, one week off,...there's room to experiment. :) I will also not be including any starchy vegetables in my Whole30 (butternut squash, pumpkin, yuca, plantain, etc.) BUT, I will have a sweet potato maybe once a week. Only because there's this dish I want to make that requires a sweet potato, hahaha. SO, just sharing some of the things I won't be including that will support my goals and still be good for me and resetting my system. :)

Has anyone else considered not including certain things that are still Whole30 approved?

I haven't thought about restricting anything specific that's allowed.  I guess I'll see how it's going and then tweak it as I go.  I think for the first week I'll definitely have a piece of fruit every night after dinner to keep from really strugling.  I don't know why I'm so nervous about this.  It's not like I haven't gone no sugar, no dairy and gluten free before.  I did that a year ago and lost 64 pounds.  I've kept off most of it off but lately I've been getting more out of control and in a very short time 14 pounds has snuck back up on me.  It's time to end the sugar feeding frenzy!

I'm going to eat three eggs fried in coconut oil tomorrow morning with avacado and black coffee.  For lunch I'm going to make a tuna salad lettuce wrap with homemade mayo, a few olives on the side and a small salad with balsamic vinegar and olive oil.  Dinner will be grilled shrimp and veggies and a piece of fruit.  I'll be drinking a lot of water all day like I usually do.

Archived