First Whole30 attempt: wish me luck!!

Lyrica

I am on day 6 of my first Whole30. Have been struggling a bit with energy the past couple of days. I think I could improve my meals and tweak them a bit.

Yesterday, day 5:

B: 3 scrambled eggs, hash browns, and honeydew; 2 cups of coffee

L: Salad with Kale, Spinach, carrots, pumpkin seeds, roasted zucchini, chicken, EVOO and balsamic

Snack: Roasted Cashews

D: Sweet potato, avocado, 4 Asian Meatballs... bowl of raspberries, small box of raisins (found myself craving sugar majorly after dinner today)

Good luck and keep it up!  I am only on Day 3 of my first Whole 30 too.  Today was my worst day, however of my 3 days, Day 2 stood out.  I am pretty sure it is because I had my leftover steak from dinner for breakfast.  I would skip the eggs, or add some type of meat for your breakfast.  

Day 1 and today were terrible because I started with eggs and the lack of food for breakfast made these days not so fun.  This is my short take and I wish you the best of luck.  

Try not to feed your sugar cravings. A bowl of raspberries and a box of raisins are a lot of fruit (remember that each raisin is equal to a grape). The way to get past the cravings is not to feed them.

Otherwise, if this is typical of your meal planning, your meals look good. Most people go through a low energy period in the first week or two. It's your body trying to adjust from carb burning to fat burning. If it persists into the third week, play around with your protein, fat, and starchy carb portions.

Keep going!

Thanks!

Sabillin why would you skip the eggs for breakfast?

I am on day 7 today and I have noticed something for the past couple of days... every time I eat eggs my nose runs. A lot of the reason I'm doing this is to see if I have food allergies and now I really suspect eggs are an issue for me. But I just cannot imagine cutting out eggs with everything else I'm cutting out. Feels that eggs are the one easy go-to food, especially for breakfast. But I'm going to do some research on recipes, I know that AIP Paleo stuff will mostly work for Whole30 without eggs....

Wondering if I should start over with no eggs added into the usual Whole30 diet?

And Glenn, yes I know you are right about the fruit. I find myself not thinking about sugar much during the day, but every night after dinner I can think of nothing but fruit.  I don't even think I really had an issue with sugar in the evenings before... or maybe I just never noticed it. I will be more careful about that. 

Archived