Leftover chicken ideas

Okimadoki

Chicken tacos! Heat the chicken in a bit of broth with compliant chili powder, cumin, garlic and onion, shred and have in lettuce leaves with your favorite toppings--olives, tomatoes, salsa.... You could make soup out of the leftovers--this is a stir fry that I like to make and turn into soup, and you could sub out the raw chicken for your cooked chicken. This is really yummy and is great for all 3 meals--yes, I have had it for meal one!

• Administrators

You can dice it up and throw it in a frying pan with some shredded cabbage, green beans and maybe some diced up already cooked potato. Season it and cook it all through and then add two eggs to the pan until cooked. One of my favourite meals!

You can also throw it into soup (Well Fed Silky Gingered Zucchini Soup LOVES having chicken added to it).

You could fry up some peppers and onions, add the chicken and then add (homemade) fajita seasoning and serve it in lettuce leaves with some compliant guacamole and salsa on the side.

• Moderators

I tend to just heat it up with whatever veggies I'm heating up or throw it into a salad, but you could use it in a stir fry, add it to a soup, make chicken "tacos" in a lettuce wrap with some salsa and avocado, Egg Foo Yong. I'm sure there's other options, those are just the first ones I thought of.

Archived