Just Not Hungry

I have a lunch packed and ready to go, but I am just not hungry.  What do you do in this case?  

It's nearly 2:00 pm.  So far today I had a piece of frittata (1.4 eggs, greens, sausage, mushrooms, onions) and a banana with almond butter.  Normally I would have eaten by now, but I just don't have any hunger at the moment.  I'm not sure if I should just eat anyway or what.  I'm sure this won't be the last time this happens to me since I'm only on day 11.  

• Administrators

Hi Nikki,

You should eat your lunch, yes.  At the beginning while your body is reprogramming itself to a new "normal" you need to teach it what to program to and unfortunately you can't really trust the signals your body is sending yet.  Eat a proper template meal every 4-5 hours and extra nutrition if you're doing a hard or long workout.

I would almost say that your breakfast wasn't big enough.  Eggs as a protein are as many as you can hold in your hand...and even small women can hold about three.  I see there is sausage there but you don't note how much so maybe it's enough, hard to tell.  I'd also up your veggies at breakfast before eating that banana and AB so that you aren't getting a sugar boost first thing in the morning.

So why am I telling you to eat more when you're not even hungry now?  Because it's all a hormonal rhythm that you're looking to change and the way to do that is full, balanced meals at 4-5 hour intervals.  :)

Ok, I had my soup.  

I have been having frittata for breakfast pretty much every work day.  I use 14 eggs, a pound of sausage, a full container of mixed greens, a regular container of mushrooms and a large onion.  That's cut into 10 servings, so however that works out, that's what I'm having.  I normally don't have any fruit, but I was still a little hungry today.  

I'm not small though and I saw the egg serving post so I'll definitely keep that in mind when I'm having eggs in the future.  I'm 5'6" and around 190 last time I checked, though I have a pretty big frame and decent amount of muscle (lots of fat too, of course).  

Archived