Sweet Potatoes

sarahbean007

OK, so I know I can have them (and after low-carbing on and off for years I'm bloody thrilled I can!), but is there a limit to how much I can eat - I mean within reason. I'm not going to eat nothin' but sweet potaters morning, noon, and night, but I could easily eat one a day because I LOVE THEM. 

Thanks!

Not really but you should eat a variety of veggies at every meal so if you eat 1 cup of sweet potatoes and two cups of other veggies than you are good. You can have that at every meal if you want. How much do you exercise? You may not need that many starch carbs. Do what works best for you.

• Administrators

You go right ahead!  We like you to get variety of veggies so remember to work in the other starchy veggies like rutabaga, carrots, beets, winter squashes....but there is nothing wrong with sweet potatoes!  And of course, combine those starchies with other less starchy green veggies at each meal.

Of note, some women actually find that they need more than just a serving a day (serving = fist sized amount) to feel at their optimum...especially around the week leading up to their period.  You eat as many as you feel best fits your best mental and emotional state.  

• Administrators

If you are that active then the starchy veggies are needed!  Whole30 is notoriously seen as a "low carb" plan because of the lack of grains/starch/sugar.  It does not have to be low carb at all!  Get those sweeties in the oven and eat up!

• 4 weeks later...

So today I started. I had a small sweet potato with my lunch (tuna & avocado) and a normal-sized on with my dinner (chicken & spinach). My question is, if that is okay? I am very active, always on the go & a always starving at the end of the day. What's the suggestion for sweet potatoes & regular potatoes? Is there a certain plan for those that I should be following?

Archived