It's January 16th and Hope's starting her 1st w30 - and she hopes it'll be a successful one

SuperHope

Hi everyone,

As i've said this is my very first W30 and I'm so looking fwd to it!

When it comes to my nutrition, I've been experimenting a lot - from being vegan to lchf and after all the 'self-experimenting', I can tell you that I feel amazing when keeping my carbs low and eating clean and lchf!

Nowadays, I have been realizing that I eat way to much processed food and last night I stumbled upon the forum and decided to give it a go as of the next morning!

So, here I am, committing to my first 30 days straight with no processed foods of any kind and as I do want to get over my sugar cravings (or should I say addiction), I will incorporate lchf into my w30!

Hopefully, after the first w30 is successfully over, I plan on continuing with at least 100 days without any junk food, sugar, flour and things like those.

So, fingers crossed and wish me good luck!

p.s.

Anyone willing to join me, feel free to do so - the more of us in it together, the better for all of us! :wub:

Cheers!

I'm with you!  Really kind of started yesterday, but what's one day, more or less?  I can't eat just one of anything processed, and it always makes me feel bloated and ill. My brain doesn't seem to know that, though, so I turn into a sugar craving zombie at the least suggestion. It's hard to stay clean once off a program, but I like clear guidleines, and find it easier to tay on track with rules and a group.  Hoping that I'll get so used to this that I won't want to go back to my old ways.  Weight loss would be a nice side benefit, definitely, but I'm here mostly for the healthy, feel-good benefits. 

Hey Meredith,

Thanks for joining me! :)

We can do this togther!

As for the sugar issue - I hear ya! I know... It's so so so much easier to stay away from it completely than to have only a bit of it.

Spring and summer 2013 (actually, starting from 2012), I was completely off from sugar but somehow I got back to it... And, of course, got bad skin and all the side effects... And, honestly, I was a bit lazy to get rid of it again until now - I m kinda sick and tired of it and I want my nice and glowing skin back! Lol

Therefore, I decided to commit to the healthy lifestyle again and to be back to healthy again.

For me, Day 1 is almost over as I live in Asia and there's huge time difference. Woohoo - lucky me!

Starting tomorrow! I had major surgery in August and still seem to have a lot of swelling, so my physical therapist suggested I try an anti-inflammatory diet. Googled and found this one, found out a few friends have done it (and are doing it now) and loaned me the book so I thought I would try it. I'm still trying to figure out the fat ratio even though I have read the rules about 20 times! . Ran my week one plan by the experts and got some good feedback (lay off the nuts and fruit). I'm fine about the nuts, but the one issue I have is the lack of fruit.  I get that it's sweet and can trigger sweet cravings, but is it a potential inflammatory food? I'm not necessarily trying to get off sugar as much as identify any foods that are causing inflammation.  I know sugar is one of those foods, but if fruit is allowed under the plan, I am assuming the only danger is triggering cravings? If that's the case, I want to include it here and there. Anyone know best way? 

I'm still trying to figure out the fat ratio even though I have read the rules about 20 times! . Ran my week one plan by the experts and got some good feedback (lay off the nuts and fruit). I'm fine about the nuts, but the one issue I have is the lack of fruit.  I get that it's sweet and can trigger sweet cravings, but is it a potential inflammatory food? I'm not necessarily trying to get off sugar as much as identify any foods that are causing inflammation.  I know sugar is one of those foods, but if fruit is allowed under the plan, I am assuming the only danger is triggering cravings? If that's the case, I want to include it here and there. Anyone know best way?

For recommended portions on fat per meal (use 1-2 sources), review the meal planning template, available here: http://whole30.com/pdf-downloads/

On fruit, the recommendation is 1-2 servings a day, where a serving is a whole piece of fruit the size of your fist. Have fruit with or immediately after your meals only, vs. as a snack. Vegetables take priority over fruits in your meals, as they tend to be more nutrient-dense.

thanks! I will do that with fruit. I read all the downloads and the book several times, lol!  But, a lot of the forums and some of the info is still confusing re:fats. For example, some people were saying that their meal had enough fat in the protein so they didn't need extra. Can I assume that this is something people figure  out as they go? That is, they ate a meal without extra fats added and were full until the next one, so that means they had enough fat? I know you need enough fat to keep you satisfied and full, and I am not worried about too much, but I don't want to add it just because if I don't need it.  For example, for breakfast tomorrow I am making omelettes with 3-4 eggs and a lot of veggies. That's a lot of food, and a good amount of fat. Would I need to add something like avocado or coconut flakes, even if the eggs and veggies filled me up for a long time? 

To all of you, thanks for stopping by! :)

praxisproject,

honestly, I'm not a fan of starchy food at all - rice, potatos and all that, it's not my thing. Pumpkin - I looooooove, and I use it a lot as it is low in carbs.

My problem was the major change of job and moving to another country... THerefore, I used that as an excuse to go back to eating pasta, chocolate and all the carbs I wasn't eating at all as I have always known how much of just empty calories those are.

So, that's what got me 10 extra pounds over a year or so...  And that's what I need now - to go back to being aware that those food choices are not only empty calories but have huge impact on my skin and hair as well... And, that one I can see...

Thanks again, everyone!

Day 2 has officially started - Scrambled eggs, come to mama! :)

Keep in touch!

Officially Day 2, unofficially Day 3.  I had the Kill All THe Things Phase yesterday, lol.  We'll see about today.  Good start with 2 poached eggs, 1 sweet potato and half a grapefruit with your cinnamon stick suggestino, Hope.  Can't say it was sweet and delicious, but I got it down, lolol! 

meredith,

hahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahah

You are so so so awesome - I loooove your coffee comment! :D

I'm the biggest coffee fan, so any coffee works for me - as long as it's black and no sugar added.

Otherwise, I can't really drink it except for almond or coconut milk included.

Coconut oil, in my opinion, goes very well with veggies or just as a plus to your coffee. Meats and eggs and coconut oil - noooo, a big no fo me as it's too much of a 'exotic' taste for me.

So, now, after a looong  and amazing day and extraordinary partying night - off to bed.

Tomorrow - gym! Day 1 of my next 6 months' membership card!

It's Day 4 and I'm doing fine! :)

Yesterday, I even went to gym - and survived!

My computer is troubling me and I can't access the forum using it, but I can via my phone and I'll definitely try to be active here as much as possible as it is really helpful!

To all of you,

Have a great day!

Yay for gym success!  I played two hours of tennis today, and also survived, lol!  I have three more hours of same (tennis) tomorrow, so we'll see how that goes.  I swear, I hit the tight-pants stage early!  Isn't that supposed to be, like, Day 9?  I looked like a sausage in my tennis clothes...:-P

@Meredith

Hahahahahahahahahahaha

Like a sausage! Hahahahahaha

But, yeah, it is possible, why not?!

Every single organism reacts differently and therefore everything's possible. :)

Just stick to it, it will be all good soon!

@jhana

Well, kids are always priority no 1. The moment they getting better, back to gym. :)

My day 5 is pretty much like - so far so good!

Had some chicken soup and chicken meat for breakfast and some asparagus as well.

As I got to the phase not feeling too hungry, I guess it will be only dinner for me later, around 7 and that's it. Dinner, as I'm going out with friends, and they're taking me to eat traditional food here, it will be pork, to be precise pigs' knuckles! :D

Yum yum yuuuuuum

Talk to you later, ladies! Hugs!

It's my day 6 today! :)

So far so good!

I hope you all are having easy days and enjoying it!

Today's menu is pork for breakfast (which was 1 pm) and later, dinner will be some chicken I guess... And, mushrooms! :)

Talk to you all later! It's a sunny day here and off I go to enjoy it!

Hello! I think I have the carb flu. I thought I had carbon monoxide poisoning, lol. But I read some forums and I seem to be afflicted. Boo. It's day 6 for me. So far, so good. Only a few times I wanted some candy (only candy, nothing else). But I just ignored it. The hardest thing is my kids are doing the 10 days of whole food pledge so I have been baking for them non-stop and can't taste any of it to know how it came out!

lol! so far, so good. had a few meals that went bust and then didn't have a back up, but somehow scrounged something together. today was the first time I was really wanting something sweet where I couldn't ignore it, so I ate some dates. I am actually having trouble getting 3 full meals in because of timing, so I have resorted to 2 full meals and 1 or 2 mini meals, plus a small snack of fruit with it. 

I am not sure if I feel "better". Do you notice anything different? I still have allergies and dry skin, although that's not why i did it. but people told me it would help with those.

Archived