MeadowLily

One Good Whole30 choice I made today is:

Went to the farmer's market and bought (from the seller of grass-fed/pastured meats): 8 lbs. of pork butt for future slow-cooker kalua pig, 3.5 lbs of beef shanks and 1.5 lbs of oxtail for a Filipino lunch dish I'll be making next week for family, and 2 lbs. of ground pork for whatever (sausages, meatballs, omelets -- haven't decided yet). I tend to buy a lot, then eat my way through my freezer.

I didn't start drinking coffee until my 30's. I only have one cup in the morning but it's become a habit.

After reading the Coffee Manifesto a few days ago:  http://whole30.com/2011/01/the-coffee-manifesto/

I decided to quit the caffeine habit.

This is my 3rd consecutive morning without coffee.   :)     

If you’re not currently a caffeine user, don’t start. Limit your consumption to 1-2 cups of coffee a day, always before noon to prevent sleep disruption. Your coffee pot is not a cup.  Nice try. If you’re using coffee as a crutch to get through your day – or just to get out of bed – reconsider whether that is a healthy relationship. We don’t think the above is a healthy relationship, thanks for asking. A couple times a year, give your body a Caffeine Holiday for at least 30 days. (That means NO caffeine – no black or green tea, energy drinks or even decaf.) - See more at: http://whole30.com/2011/01/the-coffee-manifesto/#sthash.I9ng5F9j.dpuf

I'm working on this...setting my intention to give it up for the adrenals.

broc.gif                      broc.gif                    broc.gif

Great job at resisting coffee.  It's a great choice!

Went to the farmer's market and bought (from the seller of grass-fed/pastured meats): 8 lbs. of pork butt for future slow-cooker kalua pig, 3.5 lbs of beef shanks and 1.5 lbs of oxtail for a Filipino lunch dish I'll be making next week for family, and 2 lbs. of ground pork for whatever (sausages, meatballs, omelets -- haven't decided yet). I tend to buy a lot, then eat my way through my freezer.

Glenn, great job making your lunch dish for the family.   carrot.gif

jjo - your body will really appreciate protein at each meal.  drink.gif

I think it does :)  This is a big learning for me; I've never eaten a lot of protein.

Kombucha cheers!!